Modding Alien Tech level ramp-up?

GnaReffotsirk

Modding Alien Tech level ramp-up?

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Hi, I would like to know which files and entries control the Alien's tech up.

I wanted to:

1. adjust the amount of aliens coming into a region over time;
2. adjust the amount of time it takes for aliens to appear in their higher tier, and/or class;
3. adjust the amount of bonus health aliens get at certain conditions (if this mechanic exists);

Basically, I want to mod the strategic game, slow down alien progression, and adjust pod numbers and sizes depending on infiltration percentage.

I don't know how Alien strategy is being played in LW2. I want to learn how they ramp up in strength per unit, number per pod, numbers of pod.

I wish to learn which files to edit to control how fast aliens tech-up in the game.

Thank you.
JLtheking

Re: Modding Alien Tech level ramp-up?

Post by JLtheking »

Go to the .ini file governing LW's strategic game. I can't remember what it was, LW_something.ini

Search for something along the lines of "emergency ufo"s. That should be the duration between alien force level increases across the board. Note that Aliens also get superemergency ufos based on your strategic actions which also increase FL.

Afaik, alien buffs are managed through force levels and permanent dark events. Not sure about dark events though, but I think they're in the same file.

Also, hi there! :mrgreen:
GnaReffotsirk

Re: Modding Alien Tech level ramp-up?

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

You caught me! hehe

Thanks JLtheking. :)