How do I make Rookie recruitment more frequent?

Zymos

How do I make Rookie recruitment more frequent?

Post by Zymos »

Heyo.

I wanted to increase the amount of rookies I get, without increasing the amount of rebels I get.

I found the following lines of code in XComLW_Outposts.ini:

"; Recruiting outcome weights. When a new recruit is generated, a roll is made and tested against the sum of these values.
RECRUIT_REBEL_BAR=67
RECRUIT_SOLDIER_BAR=33"

This is not what I want since it trades Rebel spawn rate for Rookie spawn rate and I can't seem to find an elegant way of doing it without also changing rebel recruitment rate.

You guys got any suggestions?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: How do I make Rookie recruitment more frequent?

Post by johnnylump »

You'd need to increase this in XComLW_Outposts.ini to make the Recruit job more efficient overall:

[Recruit LWRebelJobTemplate]
IncomePerRebel=3

and then rebalance the weights you pointed to so the rebel recruit rate stays unchanged.

However, I don't have good numbers to suggest for you; unless TrackTwo drops by with some advice you may need to do some trial and error.
Zymos

Post by Zymos »

Alright so vanilla settings are:

"[Recruit LWRebelJobTemplate]
IncomePerRebel=3

; Recruiting outcome weights. When a new recruit is generated, a roll is made and tested against the sum of these values.
RECRUIT_REBEL_BAR=67
RECRUIT_SOLDIER_BAR=33"

Which means 2 income goes towards rebels and 1 income goes towards rookie per rebel set to Recruit.

So to double the amount of rookies I get and keep rebel spawn rate the same I'd go for something like:

IncomePerRebel=4

RECRUIT_REBEL_BAR=50
RECRUIT_SOLDIER_BAR=50

Now 2 income goes towards rebels and 2 income goes towards rookies, right?
The Boz

Post by The Boz »

Not exactly how it works, but it works out towards the same conclusion.
The "BAR"s are odds of a recruit that has been generated by the income becoming a soldier or a rebel. On a large enough number of hires, sure, they look the same.
Zymos

Post by Zymos »

The Boz wrote:Not exactly how it works, but it works out towards the same conclusion.
The "BAR"s are odds of a recruit that has been generated by the income becoming a soldier or a rebel. On a large enough number of hires, sure, they look the same.
How would you mod this feature into the game?