AI freeze after rapid deployment > flashbang out of concealment.

Dcruize

AI freeze after rapid deployment > flashbang out of concealment.

Post by Dcruize »

I opened up with a rapid deployment flashbang (with bluescreen perk) into three pods on my first regional HQ mission - no cutscene, no running for cover, the pods just stood rooted to the spot. The flashbang hit a mec, a drone and lots of different advent.

Next move I hacked a turret then suddenly it was end of turn (my 8 other soldiers all lost their actions).

Next turn I killed most of the visible enemies but they still didn't perform any actions in their turn.

I kept a save of the game pre-flashbang and one of the pods in their frozen state. I cannot replicate the bug in the pre-flashbang save.

LW1.1 on Win10 with following mods;

Gotcha
True Concealment
Instant Avenger Menus
Perfect Information
Quick Reload
No Dropdown lists

CAPNBUBS Accessory Pack
Starcraft II Nova squadmate
Diablo Nephelem - Li Ming
Heroes Pack
Anarchys Children extra options
ME3 Tali squadmate
ME3 Shepard squadmate
More Clothes Options
R6 Siege armours
MrAnimaniac

Re: AI freeze after rapid deployment > flashbang out of concealment.

Post by MrAnimaniac »

I encountered a similar bug. Started combat with “rapid deployment” and a “sting grenade” flashbang. Some Aliens got stunned, some fled into cover. So far, so normal. After this first encounter I scouted with my Shinobi, prepared a trap and restarted combat with my Sniper. To my utterly bewilderment the Pod did not react. They didn’t get activated. I tried the same on other Pods, no reaction. In the end, I even attacked with my Shinobi to see if he could trigger a reaction – but nothing. No reaction what so ever.
LW 1.2 with "evac all", Windows 10. I can provide a save as well.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

I got a (maybe) similar issue but it was unrelated to sting grenades. During a mission ADVENT suddenly stopped doing anything, they just stayed there like sitting ducks.

Whats more, the next mission they had the same behavior. I wasn't sure early as i tried to stay concealed to take a relay but after destroying it i decided to scout a little and found 2 pods very close apparently not moving. I fired with my sniper on one of them and they didn't scamper, i moved some guys into vision and they did nothing at all.

I can't provide a save. I saved before "activating" the pod in that mission above, then exited, restarted the computer and reloaded that save but this time the pods activated normally when i fired at them with my sniper so in my case the bug doesn't stay with a reload. Might be worth checking your games to verify you have the same frozen behavior after restarting the game/computer.
MrAnimaniac

Post by MrAnimaniac »

I reloaded my old save and tried again and made the following observation:
a) sniping a (concealed shinobi-scouted) solder on troop-sight does not trigger any pod reaction. No solder is in pod-sight though and the pod has been shot at before.
b) lifting concealment with my shinobi does trigger the expected behaviour.

After reloading, again shooting and this time not lifting concealment with my shinobi I could recognise pod-activity of not activated pods: there were heading toward my troops.

Playing sitting duck also led to pod activity of inactive pods: they were approaching me.
Within overwatch my Sniper shot at an inactive but moving Pod and triggered normal reaction including a cut-scene. Starting to shoot at this very pod my next turn also triggered normal reaction and a cut-scene. This leads me to the assumption, that a) might be related to the pod in question being shot at before. I assume the “reaction-if-shot-at-for-the-first-time”-trigger doesn’t come up before and was saved as so. Therefore, shooting this pod again will not trigger any reaction, since it will not be the first shot at this pod.

Running with one of my solders in sight-range does trigger a reaction for 3 out of 5 pods. From the two remaining pods, one was def. shot at before, and the other one was perhaps shot at before. After ending my turn all pods went back to normal behaviour.
The two pods that didn’t react to a solder-in-LOS had no cut-scene but otherwise went on normally.

Resume: I guess you’re right. At least restarting your PC will solve this issue. I can’t evaluate if closing XCOM alone would have solved it as well. This means also, that my bug-save is quite worthless, since the formally observed behaviour can’t be reproduced to its full extent. It seems to be a xcom2-running-issue that is not preserved within the save-files.
Thanks for the tip.