Pure vitual dysfunction

NephilimNexus

Pure vitual dysfunction

Post by NephilimNexus »

The longest I've ever managed to go without this happening is about one hour, yet it is inevitable. No matter what I do, the game will eventually crash and this is what it will show when it happens.

I figured for LW2 1.1 that I would blank it down to just that mod and no others, just to make sure it was running properly. After the first crash (which was on my first mission, no less) I went ran Steam's verify integrity thing (which takes a very long time, btw). Everything checked out fine, or at least Steam claimed it did. So I booted back up, made it through the first mission... and then crashed again on the next one.

I am at a loss. :cry:
Kharneth

Re: Pure vitual dysfunction

Post by Kharneth »

What are your system specifieds?
I'm pretty sure you have a hardware problem. Maybe directed for your Pc or because you need a clean, at least of your x-com2
Edit:steam integrated check is not usually the best. It can works but usually you need to desinstall /reinstall again
50shotsofgrayyze

Post by 50shotsofgrayyze »

I had this when I ran with a fixed pagefile of 1xram (16gb). I've made the pagefile 32gb and it seems to have helped (touch wood). I also had the issue on vanilla and removing and reinstalling all the vcredists seemed to help too. No idea what causes it though.
Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

It's a crash because of a memory leak.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

@OP
Have you cleaned out your save files and regen'd inis per troubleshooting steps? A verify files will not resolve problems that those can fix.

Also, can you post a link to your launch.log from a crash here (or post here the 20 or so lines surrounding where it says "Dumping Name Table") You can find it in:
...\Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Logs
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

Read up on this problem and, based off what others said, took a hunch and disabled both "Alien Hunters" and "Shen's Last Gift," then deleted config and started new game.

Ten mission in and no problems yet. Go figure.

I think it's safe to say that this isn't a LW2 bug, this is a Firaxis bug with the base game. So... not your problem. ;)