Rescue POW soldier is bugged.

NephilimNexus

Rescue POW soldier is bugged.

Post by NephilimNexus »

Had a soldier POW because he didn't make the evac in time. Listed as captured.

A while later a mission came up to rescue some resistance contacts and the captured soldier at the same time. However, the soldier in question wasn't in the cells nor anywhere to be found. When mission ended he was now listed as "lost."

Will attempt to replicate later.
tckuo2283

Re: Rescue POW soldier is bugged.

Post by tckuo2283 »

I had the same issue occur twice.

Features observed:
1) On the "Jailbreak" mission with the POW soldier, the soldier will appear in a holding cell, either with other POWs or by him/herself
2) All POW civilians' locations can be spotted as a tooltip icon while on the map, and you can navigate over to where they are located, the POW soldier's location is NOT visible/available as a tooltip
3) Hacking open the door to free the POWs will trigger all POW civilians to activate and allow you to control them. However, this is not replicated for the POW soldier. The POW soldier remains inactive and is NOT selectable/responsive.

Actions attempted include:
1) Clicking "Tab" to cycle through my soldiers --> tabs to through all other POWs but does not tab to the POW soldier
2) Directly clicking on the soldier while one of my other soldiers is selected --> moves my soldier adjacent to the POW soldier
3) Placing one of my squad soldiers in an adjacent space --> no add'l actions become available (ex. punching the VIP in the gut, or carrying the soldier)

MODS/Versioning:
- I play XCOM2 on PC/Steam (latest version)
- I play all available DLCs (Shen's Last Gift, Alien Hunters, Anarchy's Children, Reinforcement Pack, Resistance Warriors Pack)
- The only mods I play with are for add'l squadmates/costumes and voicepacks
Maala

Re: Rescue POW soldier is bugged.

Post by Maala »

Just managed to replicate this same bug too,

But searching thru' the forum it seems this bug will be fixed in 1.1:

"- Fixed bug causing captured soldiers to not be controllable after hacking the cells in Jailreak missions."

Until it's released, we have to live with it. :-)
(At least I couldn't find any subforums on how to install 1.1) -.-"

Cheers.