Rookie Difficulty Bug?

SockWulf

Rookie Difficulty Bug?

Post by SockWulf »

Firstly, I'd like to lend my thanks to the masses that are currently enjoying your fine work. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. :)

Now, both the Wife and I have been playing Long War 2 since it emerged, and while getting our butts handed to us as we both learn the new layers that the mod provides, we've thoroughly enjoyed the tension, the failure, and euphoria that came with it. So that she could learn easier, my wife decided to drop from Veteran to the Rookie difficulty, but this only seems to have made things tougher for her in the 2 campaigns that she's started.

The opening Gatecrasher mission appears to function as intended, but from there things seemed to get rather odd. In the first campaign, her second mission was a Jailbreak scenario in which she broke concealment quite quickly - she tries bless her - and she was soon swarmed. The post-mission report told us that there were 27 Advent units in total. In her next campaign, the second mission was a Hack Workstation job. Again, concealment was broken quite soon, and units started swarming at her. By this time I could see something was amiss, so gave this my full attention. In total, there were 34 enemies on this map, with 8 of those being reinforcements that were dropped in. Both of these missions were listed as Extremely Light activity-wise, and Infiltration was over 100% both times. In all of our campaigns using the Veteran difficulty we've never seen anything like this.

If this is as intended I shall happily raise my hands and move along, but this doesn't seem quite right for a Rookie level player? :?:
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Rookie Difficulty Bug?

Post by johnnylump »

Baseline Extremely light at >= 100% shouldn't mean more than 10 enemy units, not counting 1) reinforcements 2) zombies and 3) disguised faceless, so I'm not sure how you managed so many on those missions. Do you have a savegame from the strategy layer before one of those missions you can provide?
SockWulf

Post by SockWulf »

Sadly I don't, but I will see if we can reproduce it here for you.
SockWulf

Post by SockWulf »

I've just tried replicating this on my machine, but it's not happening here. When I installed Long War 2, I did a full, clean install of XCOM 2 first, removing the Steam Workshop folder and the XCOM 2 folder in My Docs too. On my wife's machine I didn't re-install XCOM 2, merely deleting the Workshop content and the XCOM 2 folder in My Docs. Maybe there's some rough (Faceless? :D ) file in her Steam installation? I'll do a full, clean re-install tomorrow and get back to you as it's getting late here.

Thanks for your time responding though. :)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

All right, thanks, if you can get it to be reproducible, I'll take that save.
SockWulf

Post by SockWulf »

So, I performed the total fresh install on her machine today and it seems to have fixed the issue. There must have been a questionable file in her Steam XCOM 2 installation folder. Sorry if I wasted your time.

Keep up the fine work!