Bug? Or my failure?

Zaramnor

Bug? Or my failure?

Post by Zaramnor »

Hello,

it's my first try on LW2 and I'm still at the beginning.

My task is, to research an ADVENT Officer (Leader? ... playing the german version) but after many kills of ADVENT Troops of all kinds, Sectoids and even Vipers ... my inventory says: 5 ADVENT Soldier corpses ... no other corpses - nothing. And I don't get the option to research an officer ... Will I have to research something else before? And where are the corpses?

What shall I do?

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm not using other mods.
Krzysztof z Bagien

Re: Bug? Or my failure?

Post by Krzysztof z Bagien »

You only get corpses from missions with no evacuation (the ones that end by themselvs when you complete the objective; if you place evac beacon and Skyranger picks your soldiers up - no bodies), so I guess it's a feature.
Zaramnor

Post by Zaramnor »

Hm ... so it's really hard to get corpses? Nearly all missions end per evac ...
Harlequin565

Post by Harlequin565 »

Plus you don't get corpses from blowing people up unless you take the Needle(?) grenadier perk.

So if on the few missions where you do get to keep the corpses, you blow 'em up, you still get zip. And as officers tend to take a couple of hits, it's nearly always tempting to grenade them for the guaranteed kill.
azarga

Post by azarga »

Krzysztof z Bagien wrote:You only get corpses from missions with no evacuation (the ones that end by themselvs when you complete the objective; if you place evac beacon and Skyranger picks your soldiers up - no bodies), so I guess it's a feature.

I just finished mission where you defend Resistance relay, objective is to kill all enemy troops, no evac used.
Mission spawned total of 18 enemies, including 1 MEC, 3 Surv. Drones, 2 Sectoids, 1 Naja, 2 Grenadiers, 1 Officer and 8 Troopers.
I only used Frags on MEC and Sectoids, neither resulted in kills. Completed mission successfully, but still no corpses, only couple attachments.

I have 3 mods that affect loot/items in any way: Grimy's loot, enemyloot, and tactical suppressors. Might be caused by any of those, and I already saw suspicious behavior on Grimy's Loot part (decrypting lockboxes uses rare resources).
Krzysztof z Bagien

Post by Krzysztof z Bagien »

You may be right and it's possible it's a bug or some conflict with other mods. I'm just saying that AFAIK it's supposed to work the way I described.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

azarga wrote:
Krzysztof z Bagien wrote:You only get corpses from missions with no evacuation (the ones that end by themselvs when you complete the objective; if you place evac beacon and Skyranger picks your soldiers up - no bodies), so I guess it's a feature.

I just finished mission where you defend Resistance relay, objective is to kill all enemy troops, no evac used.
Mission spawned total of 18 enemies, including 1 MEC, 3 Surv. Drones, 2 Sectoids, 1 Naja, 2 Grenadiers, 1 Officer and 8 Troopers.
I only used Frags on MEC and Sectoids, neither resulted in kills. Completed mission successfully, but still no corpses, only couple attachments.

I have 3 mods that affect loot/items in any way: Grimy's loot, enemyloot, and tactical suppressors. Might be caused by any of those, and I already saw suspicious behavior on Grimy's Loot part (decrypting lockboxes uses rare resources).
Right, there's no bug there. you don't get corpses from missions where you have to defend Resistance stuff; there's some narrative on some of those missions that mentions a quick retreat with no time for cleaning up.

This is to avoid encouraging you to induce attacks on the Resistance to gather resources. You do get corpses from Troop Column ambushes, attacks on ADVENT supply units, attacks on the ADVENT regional HQs, and maybe a few others.
Zaramnor

Post by Zaramnor »

I had an attack on ADVENT supply train... Got corpses and loot as intended. Everything working fine - thanks for help and clarification.

Great mod!
Krakenous

Post by Krakenous »

You do not get any corpses on the X4 monument mission either, why? I feel like i worked really hard killing all 18 ENEMIES that came at me, destroying the monument only to get no corpses :(, that seems overly harsh. Can this be modified in the .INIs to enable which missions allow corpse collection?
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

in fairness... you know... you could just kill the officer that shows up on Gatecrasher the old fashioned way, and have that one. also, bear in mind, you're fighting a world wide war, and that territory ain't your's. you really gonna risk having XCOM's only dropship blown out of the sky for a few corpses you could get later in (relatively) safer conditions?
Krakenous

Post by Krakenous »

Pendrako wrote:in fairness... you know... you could just kill the officer that shows up on Gatecrasher the old fashioned way, and have that one. also, bear in mind, you're fighting a world wide war, and that territory ain't your's. you really gonna risk having XCOM's only dropship blown out of the sky for a few corpses you could get later in (relatively) safer conditions?
I don't get what you mean with the first sentence. You don't get any corpses from this mission and I killed everything with guns bar the little hover robot things. I just want to know what I need to edit in which INI files to re-enable corpses for this mission, because the way I see it, for me, this was a pretty easy mission, i held back the majority of my squad in a high position, infiltrated with a stealth unit, got squad sight on my snipers, picked most of the aliens off at a distance then as they drew closer to me, ambush overwatched fired most them as the stealth unit activated the X4 charges and boom, 18 aliens killed with only 1 minor injury and 2 scanner bot nade kills. I kinda feel i deserved the corpses lol for gatecrasher.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

You're confusing Operation Gatecrasher (LW2) with Operation Gatecrasher (vanilla). In LW2, Gatecrasher has nothing to do with blowing up a giant statue.
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

Yeah, it's Ambushing a troop column now, and you DO get corpses from those missions.