Lock up after mission completion/Black grenade icons

JerC

Lock up after mission completion/Black grenade icons

Post by JerC »

Instead of getting the Avenger returning and the soldier promotion screen, I get this weird picture:

https://gyazo.com/7abb5e2b56d18fbb95fcde11eb905b01

I can open up the menu and load earlier saves, but even retrying still leads up to this.

I use the workshop version of LW2, on Windows 8.1; I was able to complete 3-4 missions before this happent.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbemzjo0j9a2m ... 1.rar?dl=0

Mods: Darker Night tweak, Metal over flesh, all Soldiers gain xp, Sparks t-pose fix, Flank preview, Edited ragdoll, Turrets are cover, Advent flashlights, Instant Avenger menus, Stop wasting my time, True concealment( seems obsolete now), Expanded loot drops, Bleedoutmod, Numerical health display

Rest is voice packs/customization mods which I highly doubt are responsive for this.
Last edited by JerC on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Lock up after mission completion

Post by mattprice516 »

This bug has been around for a while - some troubleshooting I found is below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... under_the/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/268500/d ... 721123152/

Also, Bleedoutmod is included in LW2 (well the actual mod isn't but JL changed bleedout to work very similarly), so you probably don't need it.
JerC

Post by JerC »

I see, so this glitch isn't exclusive to LW2. Also another glitch I got: the icons for flashbang and frag grenade are all black. I thought it was my cost based ability color mod but even after taking it out it remained like this, and it even added a small Y to all icons like if I was using a controller?
Frozen Shepard

Post by Frozen Shepard »

I've had this happen as well and now my game can't remember what mods I had installed. I'm going to do a full uninstall and reinstall and see if a fresh start will fix things up.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

JerC wrote:I see, so this glitch isn't exclusive to LW2. Also another glitch I got: the icons for flashbang and frag grenade are all black. I thought it was my cost based ability color mod but even after taking it out it remained like this, and it even added a small Y to all icons like if I was using a controller?
Definitely don't use cost-based ability color mod; we did our own.
JerC

Post by JerC »

johnnylump wrote:
JerC wrote:I see, so this glitch isn't exclusive to LW2. Also another glitch I got: the icons for flashbang and frag grenade are all black. I thought it was my cost based ability color mod but even after taking it out it remained like this, and it even added a small Y to all icons like if I was using a controller?
Definitely don't use cost-based ability color mod; we did our own.
I know, I took out the unnecessary mods, but even after deleting config files and validating with steam, I still get the black icons for the grenades, and a small Y on every icon that looks like it's from a controller;

https://gyazo.com/88b51eabdff0424aff6242c2d0b7676c
Last edited by JerC on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Lock up after mission completion/Black grenade icons

Post by mattprice516 »

Instant Menus has been known IIRC to cause problems in the past with LW2 - have you tried without that one?

Of that list the only other one I can see ofc the bat maybe causing issues would be spark t pose fix. That functionality might actually be included in LW2, I'm not 100% sure.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Also might try unplugging any controllers and making sure the input device in options is selected as mouse/keyboard. LW2 does not have controller support.
JerC

Post by JerC »

Well, i've taken out both Flank preview and instant Avenger menus, but the issue remains.
mattprice516 wrote:Also might try unplugging any controllers and making sure the input device in options is selected as mouse/keyboard. LW2 does not have controller support.
I've never actually plugged a controller on my computer, and the option is locked on Mouse oddly enough, so it appears to be something else.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Per the troubleshooting steps, you'll need to remove all mods, verifiy back to vanilla state, regenerate your inis, then add back Long War 2 and see if it persists. If it doesn't, you can add back mods one by one until you reproduce it. If it does, let us know and we'll try to dig deeper.
JerC

Post by JerC »

I finally killed the issue dead. Seems it was related to Free Reload and/or Stabilize me (and for some reason I forgot to list those in the OP..I feel stupid.)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Glad to hear you resolved it.