Controller Support issues

RoboWizard

Controller Support issues

Post by RoboWizard »

A couple issues I ran into using an XBox One controller on the PC.

-On the geoscape, after flying to the Black Market for the first time I could not fly back to HQ because nothing other than the Black Market was selectable by moving the cursor around. Switching to the HQ tab in the menu at the bottom of the screen would not deselect the Black Market. This is a progression stopper if using a controller. Selecting countries could be a bit finnicky in vanilla, as you'd generally have to move the cursor near the center of the country rather than where the text block is, this may be related to what's causing issue in the mod.

-Pressing X to reload doesn't work. Still possibly to reload by tabbing through menu. Pressing Y to overwatch does work however.

This is playing on Long War 2 v 1.0 (1.19.17), Windows 10, with no other mods.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Controller Support issues

Post by johnnylump »

I'm afraid we don't support controllers.
smkerr23

Post by smkerr23 »

Is there any plan to support controllers in the future? I'll admit I have no idea how much effort that would take.

Using a controller on the couch is how I like to play XCOM. I was deployed in a few different places in the Middle East in 2015, and never had a real chair or desk, but playing the original Long War on my laptop with a controller while sitting/laying on my bunk kept me happy through a solid 3 months of that deployment.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

At this time there is no plans to support controllers, sorry. It's a significant undertaking that we don't have the resources for.