Fog War Probably Not Working As It Should After Last Patch

sirburton

Fog War Probably Not Working As It Should After Last Patch

Post by sirburton »

Hi guys
I've noticed that sometimes the fog war doesn't seem to work properly, look at the picture
In the photo 1
1.jpg
1.jpg (123.75 KiB) Viewed 5337 times
I moved from the point marked with the red cross, to where the character is standing in cover and as you can see, the near area in front of him is not revealed

Much worse in photo 2
2.jpg
2.jpg (146.76 KiB) Viewed 5337 times
I moved the character from the red cross to where he's standing....and I know, you can't see him because he's totally in the shadow! I placed the red arrow near him

Is this a bug, or some settings I need to adjust or what ?
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
Tuhalu

Re: Fog War Probably Not Working As It Should After Last Patch

Post by Tuhalu »

It's a bug with the Grapple of the Spider Suit and Wraith Suit. Sometimes when you grapple onto an object, it fails to update the fog of war correctly and all your movements from then on fail to update fog of war. The only workaround I've found is to load an earlier save and perform the action again. Not sure why that helps except that the bug seems to be an intermittent glitch.

This is not a new bug btw. Been around since at least 1.2. May even be vanilla?
sirburton

Re: Fog War Probably Not Working As It Should After Last Patch

Post by sirburton »

Tuhalu wrote:It's a bug with the Grapple of the Spider Suit and Wraith Suit. Sometimes when you grapple onto an object, it fails to update the fog of war correctly and all your movements from then on fail to update fog of war. The only workaround I've found is to load an earlier save and perform the action again. Not sure why that helps except that the bug seems to be an intermittent glitch.

This is not a new bug btw. Been around since at least 1.2. May even be vanilla?
Oh I see, well at least now I know what it is thx
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here