Aliens can use SPARK for cover... against itself

Lyzak

Aliens can use SPARK for cover... against itself

Post by Lyzak »

My SPARK unit is standing immediately adjacent to an enemy, "flanking" it. However, the alien is now USING that SPARK unit as full cover AGAINST THE SPARK UNIT. So my SPARK unit's chance to hit is abysmal and is saying that the enemy is in high cover.

Let me know if you need a save file but I felt it was pretty self-explanatory and kinda obvious what was happening.
nmkaplan

Re: Aliens can use SPARK for cover... against itself

Post by nmkaplan »

This is a well-known vanilla bug, and unlikely to be fixed by the LW2 devs. I kind of like it... you can bait advent into using the SPARK as cover and then pull the rug out by moving somewhere else.
Lyzak

Post by Lyzak »

That's a... vanilla bug?

Well shit. :|
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

I guess not technically "Vanilla", because the SPARK is a DLC unit? But yeah, Bulwork is a Firaxis-created perk (not Pavonis) and creates some strange AI behavior. As I said, if you position yourself properly, you can bait Advent units into actually moving to take cover behind your SPARK. You could do this with an Alloy SHIV in LW1 as well.

You just have to make sure you leave 1 tile between you and the enemy when moving to take point-blank shots :)