shreddered extra armor will eat armor points

Phantom

shreddered extra armor will eat armor points

Post by Phantom »

For example i have a soldier with war suit (+1 armor point). In the activating turn the soldier gets +3 armor points through shield wall ability and has now alltogether 4 points of armor. Now he becomes shreddered for one point and has correctly 3 points of armor. But now if I lose my armor point bonuses from shield wall if i move my soldier or something else, that soldier has 0 armor points instead of his 1 starting point of armor. This will also go in the negative area. If I now activate Shield Wall again that soldier becomes only 2 points of armor instead of the 3 points.

The same will happen with all other abilities that give armor points, for example overdrive serum, blast padding and also custom modded ones...
I think thats a vanilla base game issue but maybe pavonis will fix it for LW2.
TyreT

Re: shreddered extra armor will eat armor points

Post by TyreT »

Phantom wrote:This will also go in the negative area.
What do you mean with this part? If the solder gets shredded twice, then looses his bonus armor, he will end up with -1 armor?
Phantom wrote:If I now activate Shield Wall again that soldier becomes only 2 points of armor instead of the 3 points.
Is this after two shreddings or only one?
So do you mean: 1(base)+3(bonus)-1(shred) = 3 -3(bonus) = 0 + 3(bonus) = 2 ? Which would mean that the shredding also applies to all armor gains?(base gets shredded away, but shredding persists and reduces all future armor gains?)
Phantom

Re: shreddered extra armor will eat armor points

Post by Phantom »

I mean for example: on mission start soldier has +2 armor (war suit & blast padding for example). now acitvating shield wall (lw2 version gives +3 armor in activating turn) soldier has now correctly 5 armor. so nothing happens and on next soldier activity, the soldier has correctly his 2 starting armor again, because 3 points of armor are removed from shield wall again.

Now we have a shredder situation: 2 armor points (starting) + 3 armor points from shield wall is now 5 armor points (altogether). Soldier becomes shreddered for 1 point and has now correctly 4 armor points instead of his 5. Now the next soldier activity will deactivate the shield wall and the soldier has now 1 armor point instead of his starting 2 armor points. This is a bug because he should have 2 armor points. What happens is that instead of removing 2 armor points from shield wall (1 point from the starting 3 points was shreddered), it will remove the full 3 points that you get in the activating turn. It will not remember that one point was already shreddered.

You can also see it as the following: It will only shred the armor points of your starting armor not the armor you gain during a mission from abilities or items.

Now this bug will go one step further: Soldier has now because of bug only 1 starting point of armor and activates shield wall again. Unit gets instead of + 3 armor only +2 armor, so soldier has now 3 points of armor altogether instead of 4 points.

Will the unit be shreddered again by 1 point then the unit will have 0 starting points of armor and will gain only +1 point from shield wall instead of + 3 points.

Will the unit be shreddered again by 1 point then the unit will have 0 (-1) starting points of armor and will gain 0 points from shield wall instead of + 3 points. I do not know if this leads to more damage as i did not tested it excessively but this is what i mean with negative area.

We can now say: It will only shred the armor points of your starting armor not the armor you gain during a mission from abilities or items,
and this shreddered armor will eat armor points you can get during mission.

@TyreT: You are exactly right what you wrote with your calculation that is exactly what i mean.