Failed to get drone wreck after control hack and killing it with standard shot

raduman

Failed to get drone wreck after control hack and killing it with standard shot

Post by raduman »

1) LW 1.1
2) Windows 7
3) Gotcha, EvacAll and nothing else.
4) I'm not sure if this was posted before; search turned no results, but after controlling a drone and subsequently destroying it with my ranger (standard shot, no explosives) while still under my control, the advent troop column mission did not give me a drone wreck neither in mission results nor in base inventory. I assume this is not intended behavior?
wei270

Re: Failed to get drone wreck after control hack and killing it with standard shot

Post by wei270 »

it is not just drones everything you control with hack so far doesn't drop body if you kill it while under your control at least for me that is the case. not sure with mind control thought didn't get psy yet
TyreT

Re: Failed to get drone wreck after control hack and killing it with standard shot

Post by TyreT »

It's the same for mind controlled enemies. If you(or the enemy) kill anything while it's on your side(=under your control), no corpse drops.

I think I read somewhere this is working as intended, but don't quote me on this.

Because of this behavior, I always wait with the kill-shots until I loose control(unless it's a mission where I wouldn't get corpses anyway).
raduman

Post by raduman »

TyreT wrote:It's the same for mind controlled enemies. If you(or the enemy) kill anything while it's on your side(=under your control), no corpse drops.

I think I read somewhere this is working as intended, but don't quote me on this.

Because of this behavior, I always wait with the kill-shots until I loose control(unless it's a mission where I wouldn't get corpses anyway).
Oh, i see. If it's a vanilla thing I probably shouldn't have posted this in long war bugs. Thanks for the info.
TyreT

Post by TyreT »

With "working as intended" I didn't mean it's vanilla behavior(it could be though, I never really played without LW2), but that it's working as intended by the LW2 devs. Again, don't quote me on this, might be I'm remembering things wrong.
HistorianB

Post by HistorianB »

I get drone wreck drops just fine during mission, but they fail to appear for research purposes. My research "bank" shows 2 drone wrecks even after I have 5 drops during subsequent missions. Suggestions?
hewhoispale

Post by hewhoispale »

HistorianB wrote:I get drone wreck drops just fine during mission, but they fail to appear for research purposes. My research "bank" shows 2 drone wrecks even after I have 5 drops during subsequent missions. Suggestions?
Were some of those evac missions? You only get to take home corpses from "sweep" missions (trooper maneuvers, rendezvous, supply raids, HQ assault, missions that state a reward of "materiel").
HistorianB

Post by HistorianB »

That's got to be it. Thanks for the fast and helpful reply.