Spending Intel on Infiltration

Share strategy and tips here.
GavinRuneblade

Spending Intel on Infiltration

Post by GavinRuneblade »

Is there an enemy status past "vulnerable"? Like if I'm at 200% infiltration is there a point to spending intel and/or any way to make the mission easier or is that as good as it gets?

How worthwhile is it to get to the break points past 100%?

And below 100% is there a linear progression in difficulty or are there certain percentages that are just "seriously consider aborting if you can't get past X%"?

Thanks!
Jeancly

Re: Spending Intel on Infiltration

Post by Jeancly »

if you are at 200% no point in spending Intel, if you are at 100% you ahve reached the big step and you will gain less, but you will gain nontheless, so if you have a very very weak squad and don't want to abort it is a nice choice to spend 25 intel even if over 100%.
Also remember it is 75% of what you reserached, so if you are at 100% you will go to 175%. If you are at 10% you will go at 17,5%
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Evac timers are the big reason to go over 100% infil - 150% and 190% reduce them by 1 each (200% for the second one after 1.1 patch). You also get smaller detection radii and less enemies, though the enemy count doesn't decrease as fast as it does before 100%.

200% is the max. No benefits beyond that (and it should stop counting at 200%).
jztemple

Post by jztemple »

mattprice516 wrote:Evac timers are the big reason to go over 100% infil - 150% and 190% reduce them by 1 each (200% for the second one after 1.1 patch). You also get smaller detection radii and less enemies, though the enemy count doesn't decrease as fast as it does before 100%.

Did you really mean "150% and 190% reduce them by 1 each"? Shouldn't that be increase them by one each? It doesn't seem right that increasing the amount of infiltration would reduce the timers.
GavinRuneblade

Post by GavinRuneblade »

mattprice516 wrote:Evac timers are the big reason to go over 100% infil - 150% and 190% reduce them by 1 each (200% for the second one after 1.1 patch). You also get smaller detection radii and less enemies, though the enemy count doesn't decrease as fast as it does before 100%.

It's the fewer enemies that I'm aiming for. All these 12+ enemy missions are too hard. What I'd kill for is going over 100% preventing advent reinforcements or dropping the number of reinforcements from 4 each time to 3 each time.

For me, the evac timer has never yet mattered. The only times I've called for an evac was without even engaging the enemy, just show up, realize 17 vs 2 is not going to be possible, and abandon the mission. When I wipe the evac being instant could not have saved me.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

jztemple wrote:

Did you really mean "150% and 190% reduce them by 1 each"? Shouldn't that be increase them by one each? It doesn't seem right that increasing the amount of infiltration would reduce the timers.
Evac Timers, not Mission Timers. The Evac Timer is how long it takes Firebrand to arrive when you do the call-in. Most of the time you want this to be as short as possible.

It'd be nice if Infiltration extended Mission Timers too, though.
jztemple

Post by jztemple »

Arcalane wrote:
jztemple wrote:

Evac Timers, not Mission Timers. The Evac Timer is how long it takes Firebrand to arrive when you do the call-in. Most of the time you want this to be as short as possible.

It'd be nice if Infiltration extended Mission Timers too, though.
Thanks for correcting me. I do see where shortening the Evac Timer would be of great usefulness, I had this happen on one mission where had Firebrand arrived a turn early, I could have saved a couple of troopers :roll: