Squad-wide weapon/armour upgrade

user32167

Squad-wide weapon/armour upgrade

Post by user32167 »

I know this is a balancing concern, but it's a pain to shuffle equipment between different soldiers.

Is it possible to make a checkbox to toggle on/off this feature?
Clibanarius

Re: Squad-wide weapon/armour upgrade

Post by Clibanarius »

They've said they're not going to implement Second Wave sorta options. Best you can do for a mod is with this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext= or by going in and changing any number of lines in XComLW_Overhaul.ini. Item table starts at line 448, the entry you wanna change is infinite to true on shit you wanna have infinitely-buildable. But yeah, it's not going to be remotely balanced.
Zork

Post by Zork »

I'm old so I have the "right" to rant and repeat myself hahem, I think that the game design should be shifted much more to squads and a bit less to soldiers.

Overall Mass Effect equipment approach by managing types of items instead of units items is no way an excessive simplification. It's all about the choices you have to do at each time. If it's just pick the best item and stick until you get better then it's ok. If before any combat/mission it makes sense to wonder about 10 different weapons then types are hugely welcome to avoid an insane inventory management.

XCOM1&2 doesn't offer this same choice, but you can have to manage a lot of soldiers so Firaxis decided to borrow the trick for many items types. LW2 involves a lot more soldiers and should have use at least some items types. But an intermediate approach would be great, a system per squad for some items types. You equip squad with items types but have buy one types for each squad, and then soldiers in the squad can equip them. Even if not for all items it should be like that for many, in my opinion, weapons but few very special, armors but few, healkit, grenades that aren't too special, weapon mods, shields and vests that aren't too special.

But ok it's a new game. :-)
NOT a tactical/strategy expert player, playing LW2 at Easy. Rather old so I appreciate not be bothered by excessive familiarity, I'm not your friend and will never be. Refuse to learn English well so don't attempt learn it to me, thank you. :-)
caseywills

Post by caseywills »

I would really like to see the costs fall off with each purchase until eventually it's free. Or alternatively the cost doesn't decline but after buying say 15 predator armors, it becomes a free upgrade.
If you want to be really slick about it each weapon tier would be grouped, such that buying a laser rifle makes the laser cannon cheaper. Alternatively after buying 12 laser weapons all laser weapons are free.