Corpses

Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Corpses

Post by Tanalbi »

I've noticed that, unlike in Vainilla, i get no corpses to get an autopsy upon finishing a mission. Is it just me, or i do gotta grab them and get them to the evac zone in order to salvage it? Because if it is that... then i am just plain stupid! Not only that, i just inconveniently made the game even harder by not knowing that!

I mean, i just realized it yesterday, i knew it was weird in some sort of way, almost every mission asks you to get to your soldiers to evac zone, was it just obvious that you don't salvage every corpse of every alien you kill iif YOU DON'T actually pick it up and bring it with you?

I'm sorry, i just got tired of LW1 and decided to play LW2, so you can imagine how new is it for me. Does it have some sort of instruction manual or a readme?
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"
faket15

Re: Corpses

Post by faket15 »

You only get corpses in Troop Columns, Supply Raids, UFOs and Regional ADVENT HQs.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Welcome to the scarcity of corpses in LW2. Someone made a mod to let you carry corpses out when you evac because they couldn't cope with the corpse economy. Basically, in most missions XCOM is too busy getting out of there that they don't have time to slowly gather corpses. This is why 0% infiltrated Supply Raids were a big thing that had to be nerfed in v1.3 - you're supposed to be blocked from certain tech due to corpse scarcity.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

faket15 wrote:You only get corpses in Troop Columns, Supply Raids, UFOs and Regional ADVENT HQs.
Also Rendezvous missions, which are a good source of Officer and Faceless corpses.
Psieye wrote:Someone made a mod to let you carry corpses out when you evac because they couldn't cope with the corpse economy.
Well, to be pedantic for a second here, the Extract Corpses mod was actually made a long time before LW2's release as part of the author's own WIP overhaul, but otherwise, yeah it's on purpose that you're so short of them.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Noganeto1 wrote:I'm sorry, i just got tired of LW1 and decided to play LW2, so you can imagine how new is it for me. Does it have some sort of instruction manual or a readme?
If you go to the commanders quarters on the avenger, there's a ton of information there.