PCS Tips?

Rex Dart

PCS Tips?

Post by Rex Dart »

Anyone have useful tips on how to assign these, and which you prefer to others? Some are pretty clear, like you want Depth Perception for a sniper or someone else who you want to take the high ground, but I'm usually uncertain about weighing other benefits - e.g., +Defense vs. +Dodge?
wei270

Re: PCS Tips?

Post by wei270 »

defence vs dodge i just stack them with solider with high value in them
wadeanthony

Post by wadeanthony »

Stack dodge on your low defense tanks with a lot of armor.

Stack defense on anyone that you don't want getting shot at, but be warned that if they have another ability besides shooting they will use it on you (poison, grab, grenade) so having a way to block status affect/reduce nade damage should be key for these soldiers.

Fire Control - best on overwatch rangers even if they already have good aim and also to counter lightning reflexes (I assume) but I mostly see units with shadowstep and lancers have disappeared completely from my game. Also good on Assaults with no pistols.

Iron Skin- sell, I think the bonus is far too low. Or put on an Assault with a lot of armor but I would rather put Damage Control/Impact Field or dodge unless they had really negative dodge. But think of all the times that units melee you how unlightly it is you will be in a position where that person with Iron skin will need be in the position to be the melee target? I think it's only useful vs a mass zombie horde. If it prevented stun or something else or just had a higher damage reduction it be better.

Can also be put on Shinbois that rolled Combatives since it only says it parries the first melee attack.

Combat Awareness - overwatch gunners, the +15 def is the best part.
Last edited by wadeanthony on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please delete my account, I know long use it.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

Yeah, the new Iron Skin seems like garbage because the melee AI on Stunlancers doesn't just beeline the closest thing like a Chryssalid, they look for vulnerable targets. Chryssies are too uncommon and easy to kill to tech against, IMO.