don't make mistake like me : you must have intel job on high advent strength region

bingo12345

don't make mistake like me : you must have intel job on high advent strength region

Post by bingo12345 »

i set the intel job to 0 on high advent strength region to avoid tough missions. however, it leads to lack of ambush troop mission so i couldn't get corpses for 7 months. :(

Ambush seems to occur on the highest advent strength region only. i don't know truth.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Re: don't make mistake like me : you must have intel job on high advent strength region

Post by Devon_v »

There's no such thing as "avoiding" missions. They happen wether you know about them or not. You want intel on the enemy so you can at least see if it's something you should get involved with. You don't have to run a mission just because you detected it.
Pendrako

Re: don't make mistake like me : you must have intel job on high advent strength region

Post by Pendrako »

Additionally, Intel will also get you the chance to ambush troop columns and supply raids, which will also decrease troop strength.

what you don't wanna do is recruit and supply, as that attracts more attention, and is mainly what they work to stop with said missions you spot.
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

You can absolutely get Troop Movements and Supply Raids on lower-strength regions, but the problem can be that you may not have enough intel-gathering ability there. I was able to intercept several troop movements into western europe to keep it hovering around strength 3-4 for a while.

The only place I've seen intel-gathering be completely pointless is liberated regions (aside from maybe generating a few intel points) as no new missions will spawn there; I had a few guys on intel for a while to keep an eye out for possible movements into the area as force was building up in an adjacent region. Might be nice if they had a super low chance to spawn standard POIs?

Though from glancing at the code, it looks like rebels that are recruiting in liberated regions can also spawn scientists and engineers if you're lucky.