Advent officer autopsy bug.

DougS2K

Advent officer autopsy bug.

Post by DougS2K »

Im quite a few hours into the game now and I just can't seem to do this research. Not sure if it's bugged or what. Thought I had already done it but all it shows is that I rendered an Advent officer. Pics below to show what I mean. Also in the last pic, which one is where the Advent officer head goes? I saw one other person with this issue but not sure if they resolved it.

General info to show how far I've progressed:

Research I have available to do:

Research it says I've done:

Which head is officer? I think it's on bottom in the middle:
Last edited by DougS2K on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
DougS2K

Re: Advent officer autopsy bug maybe???

Post by DougS2K »

Doing some testing with old save files, I'm starting to think this is a bug. If I render an officer body before I do an autopsy on a trooper body, it says officer autopsy complete after I render the officer body. Then after I do autopsy on trooper body, the research for officer autopsy doesn't appear. That's kinda confusing to write but I hope you guys can understand. Question is, is there anyway to edit or reset some research in a current load without have to load a game from before and lose like 30+ hours of gameplay?
DougS2K

Re: Advent officer autopsy bug maybe???

Post by DougS2K »

Confirmed this is a bug. Tested a couple times and if you render the officer body before doing the autopsy, you will never get the option to do the autopsy. :/

Found the solution though for anyone that has this problem as well. Create a shortcut to the game and right click and go to properties. Add -allowconsole at the end of the target location. Fire up the game and load your save. Once save is loaded open up console by pressed the ~ key and type the following, GiveTech AutopsyAdventOfficer

The cut scene will commence and the objective will be completed. Thank god for console commands as I was just getting a good team together and didn't wanna start all over. :lol: This topic should probably be moved to the bug section.
Arcalane

Re: Advent officer autopsy bug.

Post by Arcalane »

Sounds like the Render 'tech' should probably be gated behind the Autopsy completion to avoid situations like these.

I'd also appreciate it being moved to the PG or queueable somehow-- rendering corpses only seems to take about 12 hrs and it can be tedious to go rendering down troopers-- can't sell them, I need the alloys more than I need the supplies. :?
DougS2K

Post by DougS2K »

Arcalane wrote:Sounds like the Render 'tech' should probably be gated behind the Autopsy completion to avoid situations like these
I think this would be a good idea and would solve the problem.
DougS2K

Post by DougS2K »

Just realized that after all this I can no longer render officer corpses. Anyone know a fix for that or a console command to undo the render officer corpse?

*** Edit. Nevermind. It looks like this has bugged out all my corpses as I have 60+ officer but I can only sell 2 in black market. If I add 100 now with console commands I can sell 102. So it looks like every corpse I collected before fixing the Advent officer bug is now bugged. Ugh. Looks like ill have to restart whole campaign. :(
Last edited by DougS2K on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redscare

Post by redscare »

Ummm... I now need to check my game, cos I indeed rendered the guy for materials before the autopsy and I think I no longer see the autopsy option. Thought it was due to not having any corpse... but I guess then it should show in red.
DougS2K wrote:Confirmed this is a bug. Tested a couple times and if you render the officer body before doing the autopsy, you will never get the option to do the autopsy. :/

Found the solution though for anyone that has this problem as well. Create a shortcut to the game and right click and go to properties. Add -allowconsole at the end of the target location. Fire up the game and load your save. Once save is loaded open up console by pressed the ~ key and type the following, GiveTech AutopsyAdventOfficer

The cut scene will commence and the objective will be completed. Thank god for console commands as I was just getting a good team together and didn't wanna start all over. :lol: This topic should probably be moved to the bug section.
Thanks for the info!!
Fencepost

Post by Fencepost »

HELLO FROM THE FUTURE!

9/9/2020 - I had this bug and this is still the option that pops on google first.

The fix command Doug posted still works. Thanks Doug! HOWEVER! Enabling the console is now different.

Go to your steam games list. Right click Xcom2, select properties, set launch options, then type -allowconsole there.

I registered just to post this response. It would have really really sucked to reload all that time. Thanks Dougy. You're the man.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Thank you guys soooo much for this... i'm using a ModLaunch Shortcut but i was still able to to just add the -byline and it worked... "hello from the future also made me laugh"
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

One question.... i haven't rendered the Officer, but is getting an officer always a outcome, or do I not have one because I blew his red ass up with grenade or fire or a missle, etc etc... i don't wanna cheat unless it's due to a bug.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

I am being told that since we have "the advent officer in cold storage" we should perform the "inspection" (?) immediately....
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

one more thing: i've never rendered any officers or soldiers