please overhaul the vanilla small text fields with long text!

shhfiftyfive

please overhaul the vanilla small text fields with long text!

Post by shhfiftyfive »

you guys are great. if anyone can pull this off it would be you guys. i know Firaxis has no plans to address it...

i have a major gripe with the gui/hud in xcom2... in various cases, the text fields are so small, and the text inside is so lengthy and/or large font. it is extremely annoying, ugly, distracting, and difficult to read when the text scrolls automatically... like a New York Stock Exchange ticker...

if you can't resize the box, if you can't use smaller font, please just make it so it doesn't scroll on its own! make it so i have to scroll it manually! this drives me mad. it hurts my brain to see this scrolling on its own non-stop on almost every menu in the game.

worst offender:
- when trying to read multiple personnel listed in a mission's reward field (before accepting the mission).
for this i feel this text field needs to be replaced with an ordered list style... instead of a single, long run-on sentence. sometimes i think i am going to rescue 2 vip's. and it turns out that there were 3 or 4... trying to read that field as it scrolls by is super garbage.

small gripe:
- when trying to read the promotions. so names are long, and some descriptions are long.