Complementing mod suggestions

Ellatan
Long War EU Crew

Complementing mod suggestions

Post by Ellatan »

Hello,

I haven't yet had a chance to play XCOM 2; and now I've heard there is some mod called "Long War" coming out for the game! I'm very excited about this. I will try to find the time and finally give the game a shot.

I noticed that Pavonis Interactive and a few other people had created several other mods as well, which are really popular. Some mods seem to be directly in support of Long War 2. Which would be recommended to install along with the main Long War 2 mod? Are they necessary or having just Long War 2 mod is a fully encompassing and "pure" experience?

Thank you and congratulations to all the developers :)
Ellatan
Long War EU Crew

Re: Complementing mod suggestions

Post by Ellatan »

Found the LW 2 "Collections" on the Steam Workshop with minor interface tweaks and a couple of shortcuts added. I think I will start from there.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

You just want Long War 2. The others are basically early test releases of content from the main mod. They'll actually mess up the mod if you run them all together.

For mods that complement LW2, I'd recommend Gotcha!, Evac All, Avenger Events and its LW2 expansion, and any cosmetic mods and voice packs that catch your eye.
Ellatan
Long War EU Crew

Post by Ellatan »

My goal is to have the game as close as to what JL intended it to be from the balance perspective. So far I added the following:

UI/Customizations:
Capnbubs Accessories Pack
Additional Icons
Perfect Information
Free Camera Rotation

Mechanics:
Gotcha (Flank Preview Evolved)
Overwatch All/Others
Evac All
robojumper's various speed-ups
Stop Wasting My Time

I checked them against compatibility list, and only Free Camera might have some issues from what I can tell. I will take a look at the Avenger mods, thank you!