Rookie difficulty Spark Aim bonus

bingo12345

Rookie difficulty Spark Aim bonus

Post by bingo12345 »

I know rookie difficulty gives +5 aim to all xcom soldiers, but Spark doesn't get this bonus. it's unfair. how about giving +5 aim to Spark on rookie difficulty?
steave

Re: Rookie difficulty Spark Aim bonus

Post by steave »

That seems like an oversight. I'd put it as a bug report.
bingo12345

Post by bingo12345 »

steave wrote:That seems like an oversight. I'd put it as a bug report.
Okay, I will put it in bug report.
JoeShmo

Post by JoeShmo »

Never understood why machine units had such poor hit accuracy to begin with; but its a gameplay balance issue so you can't really go into realistic behaviors.

In regards to the difficulty bonuses though, yeah, that seemed odd to me as well seeing sparks get practically nothing. Seems like more than just an oversight; I don't believe they spent any time on Sparks at all considering the large revamp of xcom soldiers, advent, strategy layer, etc.

Might have to do with them being completely hands off with the DLC content ( had lots of issues with DLC missions until someone spoke up about it ). If they just stuck to the base game ...it makes sense to see things dissimilar.
Ketchup4684

Post by Ketchup4684 »

JoeShmo wrote:Never understood why machine units had such poor hit accuracy to begin with; but its a gameplay balance issue so you can't really go into realistic behaviors.

In regards to the difficulty bonuses though, yeah, that seemed odd to me as well seeing sparks get practically nothing. Seems like more than just an oversight; I don't believe they spent any time on Sparks at all considering the large revamp of xcom soldiers, advent, strategy layer, etc.

Might have to do with them being completely hands off with the DLC content ( had lots of issues with DLC missions until someone spoke up about it ). If they just stuck to the base game ...it makes sense to see things dissimilar.
Heck, there's like 5 different types of MECs for Advent now, and they made LW1 have a ton of MEC classes and customization, even though the mechs came from EW. They could totally do the same thing in LW2.