Several questions

Sartarius

Several questions

Post by Sartarius »

Hi all.

First of all I wanna thank Pavonis Interactive for amazing job! Indeed a 2nd breath into XCOM 2.

1) Group size. As i understand - a maximum amount of ppl you can send to mission is 10 and cannot be increased, right?
2) New rookies. Rookies recruits are not refreshed on each month passed so the only way to get them is a reward from mission, black market or a chance from resistance workers from your regions?
Amineri

Re: Several questions

Post by Amineri »

The mod can support up to 12, but I think currently only one mission in the game allows that.

You can also get rookies as a Point Of Interest, which in LW2 is one of the options when you complete a mission with "Find A Lead" as an objective.
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

2) Yes. If you just had a major critical failure and are in severe need of rookies, set all your rebels to "Recruit" and station a Soldier liason for added bonus. As of LW 1.0 each new recruit has a 33% chance of being a soldier you can recruit from the Armory.
Sartarius

Post by Sartarius »

Thanks for answers. Some more things I'd like to figure out:

1) Can I somehow check my current region status? I mean I made a contact and have a region going under my control. So to liberate it I should do certain amount of missions and finally assault an alien headquarters in this region. How can I find a headquarter and understand my current progress of region liberation?
2) Corpses. By changed mechanics you no longer need corpses for building equipment? SO the only thing I can do (after autopsy) is sell them on BM or turn into supplies via research projects?
3) How region income works? It is increased by time passed and I can see something like +14 (+45). What exactly does it mean? Do I need to assign rebels to materials gathering to increase monthly income?
4) DLC mission for bosses. I got a POI to investigate and got all 4 pieces of equipment (pistol, frost grenade, axes and weapon) but no mission for Viper Queen. I have already forgotten how it worked in vanilla and afraid of missing something.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Sartarius wrote:Thanks for answers. Some more things I'd like to figure out:

1) Can I somehow check my current region status? I mean I made a contact and have a region going under my control. So to liberate it I should do certain amount of missions and finally assault an alien headquarters in this region. How can I find a headquarter and understand my current progress of region liberation?
2) Corpses. By changed mechanics you no longer need corpses for building equipment? SO the only thing I can do (after autopsy) is sell them on BM or turn into supplies via research projects?
3) How region income works? It is increased by time passed and I can see something like +14 (+45). What exactly does it mean? Do I need to assign rebels to materials gathering to increase monthly income?
4) DLC mission for bosses. I got a POI to investigate and got all 4 pieces of equipment (pistol, frost grenade, axes and weapon) but no mission for Viper Queen. I have already forgotten how it worked in vanilla and afraid of missing something.
1) You can't; in 1.1 they are making it easier to check your progress for region liberation by adding information in the haven management screen. For now you just have to pay enough attention. The first in the chain is always "find a lead" and the mission immediately prior to the network tower always something like "Liberation: ....."

2) You do require corpses for building equipment. For instance, the Alloy Plating equipment requires 1 trooper corpse per plate you build

3) Regions don't generate any income unless you have rebels working on the supply job. I believe the paranthetical number (45) is the maximum amount of money you can make in a month based on how many rebels you have, and the +14 is how many resources you have currently gathered in that region during this month. You may not be able to reach the maximum if for instance you started collecting halfway through the month.

4) you wait for a second POI called the alien nest or something like that to fight the viper king, you have not missed anything. You have to wait some time before it is allowed to appear, like a couple months.
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

3. Every rebel set to gather supplies gather an amount per day. Higher rank rebels gather more. $x ($y) => x is the amount your rebels have gathered this month so far and y is the amount you are expected to collect and going into your supply drop at the end of the month, with your current settings. Engineer liaisons provide a 1.2x multiplier to collection rate in LW1.0

4. In vanilla you will eventually get another POI to go do the viper mission. I think it works the same thing here?

Edit: someone beat me to a reply :lol:
Sartarius

Post by Sartarius »

Great, cheers for replies. 1 more thing I am not sure about:

1. How exactly I can speed up region liberation?
2. How can i distinguish non-liberated and liberated regions?
3. Forgot about maximum rebels on jobs - I am sure I read somewhere but cant remember. Max rebels in each region is? 13?

AFAIK, 1st of all you should make a contact with it, then you need to do missions in current regions, speeding em up with more intel jobs. 3d you have to do missions with "evidence" in description to find evidences (also, intel packages that have a chance to spawn a POI with random reward). Then? Should I search for missions with "find a lead"? And then to search for liberation? Can you please clarify in details this liberation mechanism from 0 to finish?
trihero

Post by trihero »

Sartarius wrote:Great, cheers for replies. 1 more thing I am not sure about:

1. How exactly I can speed up region liberation?
2. How can i distinguish non-liberated and liberated regions?
3. Forgot about maximum rebels on jobs - I am sure I read somewhere but cant remember. Max rebels in each region is? 13?

AFAIK, 1st of all you should make a contact with it, then you need to do missions in current regions, speeding em up with more intel jobs. 3d you have to do missions with "evidence" in description to find evidences (also, intel packages that have a chance to spawn a POI with random reward). Then? Should I search for missions with "find a lead"? And then to search for liberation? Can you please clarify in details this liberation mechanism from 0 to finish?
1. just keep doing missions and dedicate intel in a region, there's no magic to it

Step 0: put rebels on intelligence and/or use avenger scanning
Step 1: keep waiting until a mission with "Find a Lead" shows up in the description. For instance, it might say

Objectives:
Hack the relay <-- this is just one example, it doesn't have to be a hacking mission
Find a Lead <--- you're looking for this second green line in the description

Step 2-5: keep doing any missions that say "Liberation:...something something". For instance, it might say

Neutralize the VIP <-- this is just one example, it could be a different kind of mission
Liberation: hinder avent operations <--- this is just one example

Step 6: Kill network tower, you get the coordinates if you do enough "liberation:....." missions
Step 7: Kill headquarter - congrats you liberated the region

2. either click the center radar when you're in the world screen, or click command -> haven management while in avenger. The column "advent strength" will say "liberated" if you have liberated that region, or it will have a number indicating how strong advent is in that region
3. 13 workers. You know you reached the limit if you try to set a rebel to work but it stays hiding and it gives you a buzzing noise.
Sartarius

Post by Sartarius »

One more question about intel rebel jobs.
As I understand assigning scientists\rebels in a region to intel job results in more appropriate missions. But does it influence on amount of missions? So if I am assigning more rebels to this job - would I get more missions or just better missions?
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

Sartarius wrote:One more question about intel rebel jobs.
As I understand assigning scientists\rebels in a region to intel job results in more appropriate missions. But does it influence on amount of missions? So if I am assigning more rebels to this job - would I get more missions or just better missions?
Someone can correct me on this, but from what I know, every rebel you put on Intel collects a hidden 'intel' stat per day. Every day, the total intel stat you have collected is rolled against a table of missions of how easy they are to discover.

So basically, the more Intel you focus on getting, the greater the number of missions you will detect, and detect them earlier. So let's say you have no rebels scanning for Intel in the region and a missions pops up, with an expiration of 1 day. If you had maxed out Intel scanning in the region, would have detected it earlier and thus have longer expiration times. In the former example, you might have outright missed detecting it entirely, where in the latter, you would have detected it.

So yes, more missions and missions should have longer expiration times. It IS an RNG roll every day though, so it is not guaranteed, but it helps.

The avenger scanning provides the equivalent of 4 rebels scanning for Intel. A staffed scientist as liaison gives a 1.2x multiplier to Intel collection in the region.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Sartarius wrote:One more question about intel rebel jobs.
Could be both. To elaborate, the missions spawn whether you detect them or not. The more intel workers you have, the greater chance you have of detecting them, and of detecting them earlier. The actual contents/rewards of the missions do not change I don't think. With a reasonable amount of intel you should be able to detect almost every mission, you just might not detect them quickly.
Sartarius

Post by Sartarius »

Thanks for clarification.

Another question - about alien FL
You can adjust it in DefaultGameData.ini (AFAIR) looking for AlienHeadquarters force interval. It is set to 252 on all difficulties except legendary (360). Upping is results in longer time between alien force level increase. So if you want new and more powerful aliens to show up later - just increase the number.

How about LW? 2 questions:

1) Are research/training/infiltration times are the same on all difficulties or same as vanilla - legendary game is a lot longer?
2) Can you adjust alien FL interval as I mentioned above in LW?
Sartarius

Post by Sartarius »

3) If I liberate a region - does it mean I wont get any mission in it except advent trying to retake them? Does that mean I dont have any faceless among my rebels? Does that mean that intel jobs are useless in that region and better to run recruit/mats?
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

Sartarius wrote:Thanks for clarification.

Another question - about alien FL
You can adjust it in DefaultGameData.ini (AFAIR) looking for AlienHeadquarters force interval. It is set to 252 on all difficulties except legendary (360). Upping is results in longer time between alien force level increase. So if you want new and more powerful aliens to show up later - just increase the number.

How about LW? 2 questions:

1) Are research/training/infiltration times are the same on all difficulties or same as vanilla - legendary game is a lot longer?
2) Can you adjust alien FL interval as I mentioned above in LW?
Alright, a couple of things:

I don't think LW2 uses the DefaultGameData.ini values anymore. Instead, all regions have their own individual force level. This should increase uniformly across all regions as time progresses naturally, however there is an exception when it comes to superemergency UFOs. (Refer to the thread on "is hiding useless" to read my explanation on vigilance mechanics and the superemergency UFOs) Superemergency UFOs reinforce the region's force level, together with advent strength.

I am unsure if there are other events which increase region force levels, but basically this means region's can have different alien force levels depending on how much vigilance you generate throughout its history. Advent strength can be destroyed, but force level cannot (like vanilla), unless you intercept said reinforcing UFO (I think).

1. Infiltration times are different based on difficulty. Perhaps check LW_Infiltration.ini? Unsure about the rest.

2. Regular alien force level increases are managed by the regular emergency (not really emergency) UFOs. I can't remember which .ini file this value is located, but I do know it has been increased in the latest 1.1 patch (so FL increases slower). It should be in the config file governing the strategic map, not LW_Overhaul

And again, I'm not sure if the vanilla DefaultGameData settings are used. I am going to guess not, since they already implemented a system to do the same thing.
Sartarius

Post by Sartarius »

Thanks for answer. But still it is uncertain - f.e. I have a mutons\advanced advent troopers on 5 region str on 3-4 month, and I have only basic advent troopers on 2nd month even on str 6+. So I dont think that FL displayed on the map is actual FL. If you manage you regions in a way you do not allow str to grow more than 8 then you wont get sectopods\gatekeepers at all? Or even archons? This needs a bit more clarification.
JLtheking

Post by JLtheking »

Advent Strength (the number displayed on the map) is not the same as force level. Strength influences the number of enemies on the mission, whereas force level, like vanilla, influences enemy progression. Force level is a hidden stat that can vary on a per region basis too.

Then there are also dark events which can provide tactical buffs to enemies.
Sartarius

Post by Sartarius »

Forgot where I saw it... How to change loot time in missions? It is 3 by default.
Sartarius

Post by Sartarius »

Also, how can I change soldiers days wounded to more\less time according to their wounds?