[REQUEST] Many Ideas

For requests, ideas and general mod talk
GospodinNoob

[REQUEST] Many Ideas

Post by GospodinNoob »

1)Please, return secondary weapon
1.1)All secondary weapon from Long War
1.2)New secondary weapon: OCA(Wasp)
Somthing like this: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9E%D1 ... %B8%D0%B5)
Damage: 1-2
Cage size: 1
Maximum range: 4 tiles
Can't kill target. Can't cause critical damage. Stuns the target for 1 turn.
2)Please, return rocket launcher (not instead grenade-gun)
3)New castomize point for weapons: Ammo
On one mission you can choose 2 extra cages of different ammo. (One before research) NOT INSTEAD OF GRANEDS, MEDS, SCOPES.......
3.1)Armor-piercing ammo - Deal 1 damage less, but destroy 1 armor point.
3.2)Iincendiary ammo - Deal half damage. Target to burn.
3.3)Halo ammo - Give +5% to hit and +3% to critical hit. (accamulates on target)
3.4)Shocked ammo - Deal 3 damage more for mech, and 3 damage less for others.
3.5)Ammo with alien matireals - Deal +1 damage
Production cost: 50
3.6)Explosive ammo - Deal 3 damage more, and give -30 chance to hit if target in cover
4)New ressearch: Armor-piercing weapon (15-20 days with one scientist)
Needs: Researches (Moduled weapon, Hybrid Materials), 30 weapon fragments
New weapons:
4.1)Heavy Armor-piercing rifle (only for sniper)
Production cost: ???
Damage: 5-8
Cage size: 3
Can't shoot if unit move on previous turn. Destroy 2 armor for each shot. Full cover gives target only half defense. Can destrtoy cover. If kill target deals half damage to next enemy on line. Reload cost 2 actions.
4.2)Armor-piercing rifle (instead rifles)
Production cost???
Damage: 3-6
Cage size: 3
Ignore 1 armor. Full cover gives olnly 35 defense.
4.3)Armor-piercing ammo (point 3.1)
Production cost: 40 for each cage. (on legendary level)

I am not native english speacker, so i can make some mistakes. Sorry.
lexo2000

Re: [REQUEST] Many Ideas

Post by lexo2000 »

As someone has started a Many Ideas threat why start a new one when i can add to this. Bearing in mind this is just a few ideas from initial impressions please forgive me for stating the obvious.

1) Timers are being used way way to much to make the game more difficult and are actually serving no purpose outside wrecking the game for many. This was used to great effect in the first game with the bomb diffuse missions and the placing the thingies on the train. Instead if the timer was used to indicate a sizable reinforcement on the map which would make sense considering the aliens rule the world it would be more fun.

And make it where possible to only make it contingent on breaking concealment where relevant rather than arbitrary like the current model.

2)Environments seem more destructible which made me think of another game in the same style SILENT STORM. Perhaps not as OTT as they made it but certainly a optional increased damage to the environment would be cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_NqYvZlc7I

3) Chance to hit actual relevant to projected chance to hit would be nice. Ive read a lot of different complaints about this in the original XCOM but when it says 100% and you miss its obvious something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Even if it was changes to Low, Medium, high chance of a hit it would make more sense. Currently there is a issue with people in full cover and hunkering getting hit very easy or shooting through wall but hopefully a patch will fix that.

4) Import almost all of the stuff from your first Long War mod as it made a rather mediocre game good. Multiple different ways to fit soldiers was particularly good with SMG's being nice when killing Secoids but before long the Battle rifles were needed for the DPS on the harder to kill enemies. Also options like angle on cover and decreasing accuracy when taking damage options in second wave were so cool.
GospodinNoob

Post by GospodinNoob »

Loyalty.
Loyalty is a new macro strategy. If you save VIP, save people on terror missions, sucsess complete a loalty missions, loyalty to XCOM increase. If you destroy cars, buldings (it looks like a act of terrorism), trigger alarm areas of neutral people (fear) or scanners (records for ADVENT propaganda), or escape from missions, loyalty to ADVENT increase.
New missions:
Loyalty XCOM missions.
Capture telecentre for example, for XCOM propahanda. Loyalty to XCOM increase.

Changes in missions.
All standart missions (especialy sabotage factories), increase ADVENT loyality. (it looks like a act of terrorism).

If loyalty to XCOM is hight, neutral people on missinons can fight on your side (controlled by computer). If they survive, they transform t recruts. Also you gain extra materials, and events on map.

If loyality to ADVENT is hight, increase neutral people alarm area, and they can fight on side of ADVENT, if they survive, on next mission aliens gain squad of standart ADVENT troopers for each survived neutral people. Also AVATAR project speed increase. Also your recruts may betray you on missions (leave from mission, fight on ADVENT side). And recruts, whose you take while ADVENT loyality was high, can kill or wound youe soldiers on ship, sabotage reserches and engeneering projects, kill engeneers and sientists, destroy buildings, steal equipment, or leave form XCOM. If loyal to ADVENT recruts will be many, the may attack your base from the inside.

New missions:
1)Ambush (ADVENT)
Fake missions, on which numbers of enemies more in 3-4 times (also you may meet "next mounth enemies"), and you don't have concealment. Aliens have 2 first turns. You can't evacuate.
2)Ambush (XCOM)
If you sucessly compete this mission, on next standard mission, numbers of emenies will be decreased. First 3 turns is your. All hacks, and aims in first 3 turns gain 100% chance to succsess.

New reserach:
Lie detector
Show your soldiers loyalty to XCOM\ADVENT.
Chance to show ADVENT ambush missions.
Last edited by GospodinNoob on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grimagor

Post by Grimagor »

Some ideas:

- Elite aliens like the Muton Centurion (Sectoid alpha, Shapeshifter faceless, a Cobra or a Grand Archon)
- Make Viper's corpse usefull: Improved medkits are very lame because gremlin's heal depends of the tech grade of the gremlin, maybe you can create gas grenades and viper's rounds with her bodies instead of a experimental ammo/grenade
- Better experimental armors: It's really piss me off when I have two Exo and two Spider's suit and they became useless when you research tier 3 armors. And experimental armor are very lame IMO (only three options of an utility item).
What do you think if Exo's and Spider Upgrade with tier 3 armor (paying a cost) and with experimental armor you create better spider and Exo? wraith suit and WAR armor are two options but it could be more, and EXO who give you regeneration (like the stasis suit) or inmunity to poison, acid, fire (like the hazmant suit)... Basically you pay for an randon armor (EXO or Spider) with a random extra power.

BTW I love the ADVENT loyalty idea ;)
Grimagor

Post by Grimagor »

And some cosmetics ideas:

- Tier 3 equipment is very stylized IMO, it lose all the "guerrilla with more wits than resources" flavor. Plasma weapon could be laser weapons with a less "alien" desing (even Muton's and Andromenon's rifle are more "rough" than Xcom plasma weapons)
- Tier 2/3 armor customization should be nice.
- Trophies options customization should be nice too :)
GospodinNoob

Post by GospodinNoob »

Some anger about game.... I just finish the game, and must say somthing about hologram... It's IMBALANCE. Looks like aliens do nothing in thier turn! No, sorry! They run closer to you, forgot about your soldiers, and you can kill them more esealy! Just. uffffffffffffffffff................ :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ideas:
1)Transform hologram to soldier, instead of FIRST PRIORITY TAGET.
May be increase holgram live to 2-3 turns, give her abilities(she always miss of course)? Why not?
New enemies with holograms:
1)Sectoid mech
Very slow.
Can't use overwatch.
All sectoid chatacteristics (HP, abilites, etc)
Damage: 4-6
Crit Chance: 0
Armor: 2
Abilities:
Create Dron (2 turns reload) - 1 action (attached to unit, but can be a target)
Give invisibility (4 turns reload) - 2 actions
Create a hologram (once per mission) - Hologram create on target unit position. Recover all target actions. Hlogram also give 2 actions.
Enegry shield (one per mission) - 2 actions. - Give + 8 armor to target for 1 turn.
Explodes on death. (5 damage, 3 tiles radius)
2)Dron (like a gremlin)
HP: 3
Damge: 2 (like attack protocol) - 1 action
Defense protocol - 1 action
Repair 5 hits to mech - 1 action
Explodes on death. (2 damage, only on taget tile)
Bomber - move to your soldier and dies! :twisted:
If sectoid mech dies, also dies.
3)Give hologram to Codex

Gremlin.
Give gremlin a hitpoints. Of course aliens will shoot at him.
Grimagor

Post by Grimagor »

GospodinNoob wrote: Give gremlin a hitpoints. Of course aliens will shoot at him.
Gremlin is a weapon.
If alien can shoot him, why they can't shoot the others weapons?

Seeing a Mechtoid again should be cool
GospodinNoob

Post by GospodinNoob »

Grimagor wrote:
GospodinNoob wrote: Give gremlin a hitpoints. Of course aliens will shoot at him.
Gremlin is a weapon.
If alien can shoot him, why they can't shoot the others weapons?
Oh, i forgot about that. I think gremlin must be a unit, not a weapon. It's illogicaly, i think. Shots on weapon don't fit in game logic (my opinion), but's its interesting. Then we have a question, if weapon was destroed, the "Weapon Object in eqipment" also destroyd (as alien guns in first XCOM), or not?
Grimagor

Post by Grimagor »

In EU/EW snipers have disbling shoot who tecnically shutdown the weapon.
Jason

Post by Jason »

lexo2000 wrote:
3) Chance to hit actual relevant to projected chance to hit would be nice. Ive read a lot of different complaints about this in the original XCOM but when it says 100% and you miss its obvious something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Even if it was changes to Low, Medium, high chance of a hit it would make more sense. Currently there is a issue with people in full cover and hunkering getting hit very easy or shooting through wall but hopefully a patch will fix that.
I did not know this was an issue, it could just people complaing that 99% chance to hit means it should hit. If 100% hit misses are showing up it could be a problem with the code which is simple to fix such as round(chanceToHit) rounding up from 99.6% to 100% and displaying 99.6% as 100%. If this is true I suggest using floor(chanceToHit) so that 99.6% gets rounded down to 99%.
GospodinNoob

Post by GospodinNoob »

Grimagor wrote:In EU/EW snipers have disbling shoot who tecnically shutdown the weapon.
It is an specal ability. That's like all soldiers will fight on close distance with knifes.
Rhofpheh

Post by Rhofpheh »

I've got an idea. I would like to have information about biome, environment and time of day in the squad selection screen. Souch a thing could perhaps be included in the Toolbox mod. I had that information available with the Uniform Manager mod, but the button to access that dissapears when Toolbox is on. That would be a great feature, because I really like having separate uniforms for different climates and situations. Could this be possible to achieve? Or is information on biomes and environments already available and I've just missed it?
Andre Banzai

Post by Andre Banzai »

What I'd really like to see modded is some very classic alien mythology aliens.

Like GREYS.

I know those were supposed to be the Sectoids, but not really. Sectoids are "feral", basic, not THAT dangerous aliens in this game. I'd like them walking upright, teleporting and walking through walls, freezing time, mind controlling and causing mass hallucinations, making machines go haywire, you know, classic alien stuff from movies and abduction stories. I'd like them to be more terrifying them Ethereals and I'd like to encounter "leader grays", like the ones in the ending of "Close Encounters of the third Kind": tall, thin, horrible-looking nightmarish monstrosities that acted like an upgraded Ethereal (possibly with all your Psi Soldiers abilities plus the Grays' and acting 4 times per turn).

I'd love to be terrified of an alien like that, versatile, powerful and full of abilities that could catch you offguard. In a sense, if they froze time as an ability, reacting after each of your troops' turn would make a lot more sense (alien rulers).
Philipkarp

Post by Philipkarp »

Bomber - move to your soldier and dies