Done with modding XCom 2 yet?

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
dethraker

Done with modding XCom 2 yet?

Post by dethraker »

Hey, was a big supporter of the Long War mod for XCom Enemy Unknown but I have to say that it's extremely irritating dealing with your mods for XCom 2. Not sure if it's a deal with Firaxis or just a selfish desire but the transparency you had with Enemy Unknown changes didn't carry over to your XCom 2 mods and it's really garbage the way it's all handled.

You tend to keep things to yourself that could help the community move along better and then release these mods without any form of heads up or notification. You guys going to continue with these mods for awhile or was that the last set(laser and perk)? I'm holding off on working toward anything until after you finally decide it's ok to reveal all the tips and toolsets that you are utilizing yourselves so please make an announcement when you're finally moving back to your own project.

BTW, still really looking forward to your project and when your attention focuses back to that I will be thrilled, in the meanwhile not too fond of the current mindset behind your modding for XCom 2.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Done with modding XCom 2 yet?

Post by johnnylump »

The answer to the question posed in your thread title is answered elsewhere on this site.

As for everything else, I'll repeat what we've said several times elsewhere: 2K Games is publishing our XCOM2 mods. We are under a non-disclosure agreement with them. That means that they control all announcements and other information about our unreleased work.
dethraker

Post by dethraker »

This post was made in relatively poor taste as it was a frustrating time for me, you guys have done great work on the XCom 2 mods I just am anxious to see what you can do with a game of your own. Can't wait to see what you have in store with Long War 2, but hopefully it will also mean that you will be free of obligation to 2K and able to change primary focus to Terra Invicta. Still have my wallet ready for when you get to a point where you're comfortable putting up a kickstarter for your project, everything you've discussed in relation to the game has me on the edge of my seat.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Thanks. We're eager to get on Terra Invicta, but it was hard to turn down paying work for 2K. I'd say Terra Invicta will be a lot better because of it; we've learned a lot about how game development works.