SMG Mod - Weapon Abilities

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
sleepyx732

SMG Mod - Weapon Abilities

Post by sleepyx732 »

Hello, I am attempting to create my own mod and I was hoping you could help me. Please note, I am not much of a modder and have zero programming skills. I do however know my way around an ini file. I first looked at rebalancing weapons, primarily their damage. In the process I decided I also wanted to differentiate them more. Such as giving LMG's 1 piercing, sword being guarenteed to hit and having no damage spread, and other things.

This brings me to the part where help is required because I have no idea what I'm doing. I was hoping to give LMG's -2 mobility. My attempts have resulted in 'Xcom 2 is no longer responding.' I just added to what was already there.

I added in the X2Abiity_SMGAbilities & LW_SMGPack files
var config int LMG_CONVENTIONAL_MOBILITY_BONUS;
Templates.AddItem(AddLMGConventionalBonusAbility());
static function

LMG_CONVENTIONAL_MOBILITY_BONUS = -2 in XcomLW_SMGPack

Which is fine and dandy and might just work despite being in a file it probably shouldn't, except I don't think LMG_CONVENTIONAL_MOBILITY_BONUS is actually assigned to anything. As I said, I have zero programming skills. But if I had to take a guess that magic happens in the scripting file. Where SMG_CONVENTIONAL_MOBILITY_BONUS is referred.

I assume this would usually be done in some file in CookedPCConsole, because I can't find anything even remotely like that in the regular files, but I was more hoping I could just do this in a regular old ini file, like you guys appear to have done.