Hope there are still players around, no matter everybody's getting anxious about TI crawling closer and closer...
I am personally still working with my first playthrough -- which means there are new things behind every corner to be discovered -- and got to think have anyone ever tried out a flamethrower mech build, and if so, found anything that could or would work? I tried looking one up and found nothing, so I drafted few sketches up mi self.
The main problem with BBQ party is that the mop runs fast out of gas and there are only one perk and one item that buffs the thrower in any case. The good side is still rather obvious: panicking entire pods for multiple turns so that the rest of the squad can finish them off safely could be worth the trick.
GUARDIAN support firebat:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jww ... sp=sharing
ARCHER antimaterial firebat
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lNF ... sp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bpp ... sp=sharing
cons, in general:
- a lot of immune enemies...
- only one ability boosts flamethrower (Ranger), and it contradicts with other usefull picks...
- only one item boosts flamethrower (Incinerator Module), and it reserves an important item slot...
- fuel runs out fast, only Packmaster boosts it with +1, which in turn contradicts with other picks...
pros, in general:
- decent, to say the least, AoE damage
- when used properly, non-immune enemies scatter like chaff in the wind
- when combined with well-used support (such as Shadow Device) a firebat is able to sneak behind enemies and cry satisfying havoc.
Any caveats, or ideas to work up from here?
For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
1 post • Page 1 of 1