How do I know if Long War is working?

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
calebtrask

How do I know if Long War is working?

Post by calebtrask »

I'm trying to get Long War working for my Steam version of XCOM2: Enemy Unknown. First I tried subscribing--but I don't think anything is happening with that. Then I tried downloading it from mod.db and creating a "Mods" folder to put it in. Hooray, so I did that. My questions are:

1. How do I activate the mod? Steam doesn't appear to have any options anywhere for activating mods, and neither do the in-game X-com menus.
2. If activation is passive, how do I know the mod has been activated? Does it have a signature first mission that's different than other first missions? I'm looking for something so I don't have to play 1.5 hours before I figure out whether the mod kicked in or not.

Thanks so much yall!
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: How do I know if Long War is working?

Post by gimrah »

You just subscribe in steam and then when the X2 launcher comes up you check the box to activate the mod. As with all other mods.
calebtrask

Post by calebtrask »

gimrah wrote:You just subscribe in steam and then when the X2 launcher comes up you check the box to activate the mod. As with all other mods.
Unfortunately steam doesn't provide me with a launcher that allows mods. Hmm...not sure how to add an image. But I've seen the launcher you're talking about as an image in another thread--it's not the launcher I have access to. Mine has two buttons, one for X-Com Enemy Unknown and another for Enemy Within. That's it.
calebtrask

Post by calebtrask »

Ohhh... I get it. I have X-Com EU and EW, not X-Com 2. Sorry for the confusion.
Redshirt4life

Post by Redshirt4life »

You'll know LW1 is working when it crashes the first time you open it. It'll also be pretty clear when you start a new game and there are around 20 new options and when you select a country bonus.

LW1 install directions...
https://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/88/ ... id=3661560