Haven , Mission Spawn and Rebel Job switching GUIDE

Share strategy and tips here.
SonnyWiFiHr

Haven , Mission Spawn and Rebel Job switching GUIDE

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Early game. For Veteran difficulty and plus
Region Strength 1 F:1 V:1
Heaven is on intel + avenger and soldier as advisor.
Missions are generated at New Game starting Time - Just Look what time is when Gatecrasher is over. NGStartTime (example= 1.00 AM - you will use your starting time) (moving to different regions will offset this ). If you are in different region try to incorporate time zone difference
Detect 3 missions than switch to recruit.
If you have early faceless detection . Vigilance will raise. Not doing mission will not raise Vigilance also you can jump to mission kill loot carriers and evac (vigilance will not raise) don't kill faceless. We want low vigilance not corpses.
Low Vigilance means more missions with better rewards.
First missions (if you did not detect faceless) do in normal fashion (Vigilance is 1 and can't drop more)
If you are planning to maintain vigilance wait until Vigilance drop (5-7 days after missions) - this is done when you are detecting second set of missions or after faceless - just wait until drop . This will give 2 more missions in first region.
If you are in rush to liberate you will have more vigilance and that will prevent regular missions to spawn. If Vigilance hit 7 forget regular mission spawn. Vigilance will drop only if you do not have activity in region for 5-9 days depending on size of Haven.
Infiltrating do not count as activity so you can infiltrate for that time
. Rush or no - more missions is good to have but liberating region early as possible is better (Force Level will raise). Don't limit yourself by vigilance rising you can have more chances in other regions
Failing mission will not reset Vigilance drop timer (good thing - keep the loot and XP and fail the mission
You can do mission and fail It it will not add vigilance
Only important advice on this post.
I use 1.00 AM as example plan your timing based on New Game starting Time - Just Look what time is when Gatecrasher is over (i will edit this post anyway
Wait for Vigilance to drop and start finishing missions on same day if Vigilance is 1 finish missions when you like
Finish missions on same day before mission generation time > NGStartTime (example= 1.00 AM)
Switch rebels on intel before mission generation time > NGStartTime (example= 1.00 AM) put Scientist on job.

Finish all mission on same day or not. Contact 2nd region.

Second set of missions should be finished after vigilance drop (usually at) March 15 and later. More rebels on any job will delay vigilance drop. Don't switch rebels to hiding. If you plan to liberate region fast vigilance drop is not important , you can have more missions but it is up to you.
Finish missions on same day before NGStartTime (example= 1.00 AM)
Switch rebels on intel before NGStartTime (example= 1.00 AM) put Scientist on job.
Third set of missions wait until Vigilance drop. If you hit 7 no mission will spawn. Missions (regular) will spawn if vigilance is 6 or lower

For rushing 1st region (you really do not need to do Liberation fast - people are actually delaying it until Laser tech)
If you are lucky enough to finish all of 6 missions before March 15 then prepare for this.
Liberation 3 will spawn alone and will delay next 2 normal missions. When vigilance is at 6 new missions will spawn
My advice is don't rush or rush like crazy - so finish first 6 missions early as possible or do not rush at all.
If you are in rush and you at March 10-13 leave scientist and heaven on full intel .
Finnish Liberation 3 or cancel Mission (jump on mission and evac)
Canceling mission will spawn mission again. Go for tower or start canceling liberation 3 after Vigilance drop to 6 (you will keep the loot)
I do not recommend canceling mission but timers on next will be 8 days+

Fishing in second region.
Put Avenger and scientist (optional) here for better timers. We can get scientist here (RND)
Don't forget time zone difference from starting region. Missions are still generated at Starting region time
Failing mission will not reset Vigilance drop timer (good thing - keep the loot and XP and fail the mission
You can do mission and fail It it will not add vigilance
Repeat until you have Vigilance 5 no scientist after that Vigilance 6 will give you jailbreak
After Vigilance 7 go to next region and wait vigilance drop or try to detect supply raid.

Vigilance 5 is max for hunting scientist or eng. At 6 you will fish rebels/rookies.
So goal for 3rd region is different - maintain Vigilance and have missions. Now you can skip missions to keep Vigilance at 5 in both regions.
4th region - you should have enough scientist to rush everything. But if you don't have - you right now can maintain 3 regions. If you are lucky I m talking about 6-18 scientist before April 15 (usual time for liberating first region).
After liberating don't forget Find a Lead (intel reward) missions they are golden path and vigilance spike that will follow liberation

Rushing is good thing only if Vigilance is lower than 5. Skipping missions is good thing if you can keep Vigilance at 5 . After April you can stop playin like this
After liberation you will fish another kind of missions. Next focus is not sci/eng but hard to detect missions.

1. You are always on hunt for scientist in first month. Expand to 4th region just to hunt them
2. Scientist on inel will save your time for recruit. Research will go up also but remember we hunt 12 days missions to save time for recruit . People do not understand why I put scientist on Intel (they can do science). Because I m always thin on soldiers. Early detection in second region gives me room to assign squads or do solo missions. And I waste time for scanning (I always jump to 3rd region right after I detect missions - not recommended)
3. Heaven is on full intel + scientist for Lib 3. Faceless is big issue and scientist will offset that (depending on difficulty). Avenger will offset second Faceless and put you in 100% chance to detect. 10 rebels on intel with faceless or two you will waste to much time to scan.
4. You will now recruit faster
5. Switching rebels day earlier make no sense because detection is yes or no operation in 48 (x) 6h intervals . Rebels on recruit & supply have 1 day delay . If mission spawn at 1.00 AM (Starting region) there is nothing to detect before that
6. If you are Lucky - you are better player
7. With 100% chance to detect you are still on mercy of RND and yes or no operation. With anything more than 0% you can detect mission (now you are lucky and better player)
8. When you have full heaven you can still use scientist to detect hard to detect missions. You want to do low mission timer - find a lead missions. Why ? They will give missions to slow down avatar/UFO/ rewards. Not doing them can result in disaster.
9. Scientist on intel vs research. Vigilance 5 cycle will net you more scientists. It is expansion vs short term research. It is my preference to rush for scientists. If I m lucky research time will go down by half for long time. 3rd region is important to keep vigilance 5 cycle up and still do plenty of missions - you actually do not need 3rd region. You can skip-cancel or jump in to mission and fail (don't finish the objective) in just one region.

My last attempt was to keep vigilance at 6 and I screwed my campaign . Actually I had more than 6 Sci + 4 Eng on March 18 BUT NOW I KNOW HOW TO GET MORE despite of RNG

How Advent reinforce region by faket15 - with permission of faket15

In my last campaign I was very intrigued by the fact that my starting region, with Vigilance in the high 20s stopped being Reinforced after a while. I searched on the Internet to see an explanation of how ADVENT moves Strength but didn't find any good one and decided to check the code and then write an explanation for other people.

The first thing to understand is when a region asks for reinforcements. The answer to this question is simple. After the first month any region that isn't already being reinforced, doesn't already have 15 Strength and has Desired Strength higher than Current Strength will ask for reinforcements every day. DS is Vigilance + modifiers capped at 15. The modifiers that affect DS are:

+1 if the region has a Radio Tower. Does not apply to the starting region
+1 if the region has a Facility or if a Facility is being built there
+1 if the Protect Region activity is present. Always true after completing Liberation 2
+1 if the region is the source of an Invasion
+2 if the region has a Golden Path mission site (Blacksite, Forge, Psi Gate)
+1 if an adjacent region as a GP site.
+2 for each adjacent region that is liberated
+1 for each adjacent region with Vigilance more than 5 points higher than Strength

The next thing to understand is when a region actually answers the request. To explain this I will first define Future Strength as Current Strength minus the number of Reinforce activities originating in the region. If we think of points of Strength as legions then this Future Strength is the number of legions that will be in the region after all of those that are leaving leave but none of the legions that are entering actually get there.

By default a region will answer the request and send a legion if FS is higher than DS. If more than one region answers only one of them will actually send a legion and it will always be the region with the greatest difference between FS and DS. RNG is only involved to break ties.

A common exception happens when none of the adjacent regions can spare the legion (FS isn't higher than DS), but the region asking for it really needs the extra legion (DS at least 3 points higher than FS). In this case adjacent regions that have very high Strength (9 or more) or those that can't spare the legion but still don't need it that much (DS isn't more than 3 points higher than FS) will answer the request. If multiple regions answer in this step the choice is random.

Other exceptions that force a region to not send reinforcements are:

A region can't send a legion if doing this reduces FS to zero
A pair of regions can't send reinforcements to each other at the same time
A region that is already the origin of an Invasion can't send reinforcements
Regions with GP sites will only send reinforcements if current Strength is 6 or higher. This always applies to the Psi Gate but only applies to the Blacksite and Forge if the region is already contacted

The Reinforce activity has no global limit on how many can be active at a given time and no cooldown. They have a 6-12 days duration and, if you are lucky enough to detect one, it will generate a Supply Raid. Beating the Supply Raid destroys the legion removing one point of Strength from the origin (note that the activity spawns in the destination; beating the Supply Raid doesn't kill a point of Strength from the region where the mission spawns). When the activity expires or the player loses the mission a point of Strength will move from the origin to the destination.

The other way ADVENT reinforces regions is by using UFOs to create legions instead of moving those that are already there. UFO landing sites are based on RNG, but each region has a weight based on factors that are very similar to those that affect Desired Strength. The initial weight is based on the difference between Vigilance and Strength. The values are:

0 if Vigilance is lesser or equal to Strength - 2
1 if Vigilance is equal to Strength or Strength - 1
2 if Vigilance is equal to Strength + 1
3 if Vigilance is equal to Strength +2 or Strength + 3
4 if Vigilance is greater or equal to Strength + 4

Factors that increase the weight are:

+1 if the Protect Region activity is present (Liberation 2 complete)
+2 if the region is the origin of an Invasion
+2 if the region has a Facility
+1 if a facility is being built
+2 if the region has the Blacksite, +3 if it has the Forge, +4 if it has the Psi Gate
+1 if the region is adjacent to a region with a GP site
Last edited by SonnyWiFiHr on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 26 times in total.
The Preacher
SonnyWiFiHr

Re: Haven , Mission Spawn and Rebel Job switching GUIDE

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

; INCOME SCORE = 5 PER REBEL ON INTEL JOB (7.5 for level 2, 10 for level 3), +20 IF AVENGER SCANNING

; Cumulative chance, 7 days
%Per100Income settings: 5 10 15 20
5 level 1 rebels (income 25) 30% 52% 68% 80%
10 level 1 rebels (income 50) 52% 80% 93% 98%

If you want missions do not divert resources. 10 rebels only hit 98%
The Preacher
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Tq for the nice analysis and guide.
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Quick guide - ( even I can't read all that stuff up)

Rush or do what you prefer in first region and fish in 3 bordering regions.
Legendary players should also do that but they can't get Lib2 for more scientist in first month - they will get them but not that fast.
In those 3 "bordering" regions keep vigilance under or at and 5 pick up every scientist + intel package (first and probably second month).
To keep that low vigilance don't do every mission, only one per week until you can expand more or you finished Liberation chain and get spike in vigilance. Vigilance 5 is max for good revards
If you want loot, lamp post and exp jump in to mission and fail the objective = evac. You can clear the map and than fail . Vigilance will not raise
Always wait for vigilance drop to launch mission (fastest way) because finishing mission will reset clock.
Jailbreak is best source of rebels/rookies - more regions more jailbreaks. Full heaven will give different - rookie jailbreak
Why scientists - they boost mission detection and speed up research. Find a Lead is must do mission -period (timer 1h - do it )

This is best what you can get in first and second month to speed up research and recruit. After that your priority is Golden Path = Find a Lead missions or you will lose
The Preacher
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

I will try to summarize my current campaign.
My start East Africa
Haven 6 --
Barracks - not a single soldier I could start Rookie difficulty and loose with them .
Avenger - I really need engineers 5 hard to dig places including center + 2 coils .

I m connected with
Haven 6 - Central Europe (I suspect that this region is high strength)
Haven 4 - West Africa
Haven 4 - South Africa

I will do comm research , scan for missions.
After comm research I will contact Central Europe despite the risk (it is six rebels and I need rookie factory on line ASAP)
Last edited by SonnyWiFiHr on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Preacher
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

SonnyWiFiHr wrote:...Heaven....
It's HAVEN.
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

It is . What a strange call name it should be heaven. Volunteer in haven - charity. Rebel in heaven - command
The Preacher