Two Invasions in less than 10 days - bug or intended

Noober

Two Invasions in less than 10 days - bug or intended

Post by Noober »

LW 1.5, Legend, 5 liberated regions.

Dec 18 – Invasion (the second one in this campaign). Done.
Dec 28 – yet another Invasion in another region.
As far as I have red, there is a cooldown of 30 (?) days between invasions. So it should not be possible and I had to stop the Gate to answer it.

Could anyone explain if it is a global cooldown or a regional one?

If it’s a regional cooldown – should I expect invasions every 8-10 days (the time for the precursor raid) until the end of this campaign?

There are 4 uncontacted regions on the map and each has a connection to one of the liberated one. According to global STR (75) and sum of STR in all contacted regions (42) every uncontacted region most likely has Str 8+.

Many thanks.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Two Invasions in less than 10 days - bug or intended

Post by gimrah »

I believe there is a super invasion concept, which is a separate activity.

If the second mission had a lot more enemies on it, it's possible you encountered that.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

Noober wrote:LW 1.5, Legend, 5 liberated regions.
Could anyone explain if it is a global cooldown or a regional one?

If it’s a regional cooldown – should I expect invasions every 8-10 days (the time for the precursor raid) until the end of this campaign?
Invasion cooldown is regional. They also don't have a global limit. You can have multiple active Invasions at the same time in different regions. What makes them the most unpredictable activity in the game is the RNG element. Every day each region that can have an Invasion has 1% chance + 1% per Faceless to spawn one.
Noober

Post by Noober »

Jan 08 - another (4th) Invasion in region that was under invasion on Nov15 - so the cooldown is indeed a regional.
And couple of hours later - another Invasion (5th) was spawn in the region that haven't been invaded yet.
So it's indeed possible to have multiple invasions at once.
And that also means I have to fight endless invasions every 8-10 days until the end of this campaign or until I run out of soldiers/liberated regions.
TrainInVain

Post by TrainInVain »

Noober wrote: And that also means I have to fight endless invasions every 8-10 days until the end of this campaign or until I run out of soldiers/liberated regions.
There was a post on here stating that the invading region loses 2 strength points when you successfully defend the invasion. Maybe you will see a decrease with invasions over time? Also do every troop column you can in the invading regions and any missions that might draw strength away from the invading region(s).

I know easier said then done given your current situation.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

I remember being in a scenario like that where I liberated and raised vigilance so much that I had +100 legions on the map by the end of the 1st year and I couldn't pull off good intel reward missions because every region was strenght 6 and over. I think I just abandoned that campaign; was losing to Avatar and the missions just weren't fun.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

As it was so crucial to the future of my campaign, I decided to load my save and peek at what the newly contacted region's Str is: 3. So my campaign was spared from being strategically strangled but this is not a healthy campaign. I liberated a 2nd region too early instead of expanding further. I didn't understand that Vig is just one factor in how much Str a region wants. Death by "going tall" is definitely a thing to be wary of.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Noober

Post by Noober »

Dwarfling wrote:I remember being in a scenario like that where I liberated and raised vigilance so much that I had +100 legions on the map by the end of the 1st year and I couldn't pull off good intel reward missions because every region was strenght 6 and over. I think I just abandoned that campaign; was losing to Avatar and the missions just weren't fun.
I'm not concerned about this company - 8 days to 100% inf of PSI Gate with 9 mans A-team and then another 15 days - to Forge.
Avatar timer is less then half bar and I've got my Avatar corpse long ago. There are 2 regions with str 2 for farming intel rewarding missions so I could just hide everyone and wait for a 1.5 month for WW. Or I could gave up those two regions and play normally as I will keep at least two liberated regions where I did two last invasions because of cooldown there.

I've never ever experienced 5 invasions in a raw in a 8-10 days interval (actually - no more then 1 in the whole campaign) but now when I finaly understood the mechanic behind it (many thanks to faket15) I could predict that there is only one more or two at max before I will reach the WW. Still not sure if it was possible to aviod the invasions this time due to very unfortunate spawn of GP missions.