Will the launch day mods be updated?

Discussion of our XCOM 2 mods
gh0st4359dt

Will the launch day mods be updated?

Post by gh0st4359dt »

I love the additional elements that have been added in LW2, but I also want to play with them outside of the total conversion mod since it would be a very large time investment to play through. Will the standalone mods be updated to include some of that extra content (namely things like the Technical, updated classes, coilguns, advanced AI, mission types, etc.)?
joswald1018

Re: Will the launch day mods be updated?

Post by joswald1018 »

I realize this is a necro, but I didn't want to start a new topic when a topic with my question already existed.

I know the Lasers already have a standalone module, but will the Coilguns have a standalone eventually as well? I love the models for them and I'd love to have them in a normal game.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We are working on a mod that has the lasers, SMGs and coilguns all in one pack and will be compatible with WotC.
joswald1018

Post by joswald1018 »

Will it also be compatible with plain XCOM2?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

No.
FireWolf

Post by FireWolf »

johnnylump wrote:We are working on a mod that has the lasers, SMGs and coilguns all in one pack and will be compatible with WotC.
Maybe I read too much between the lines but it's not simply good news - it's actually great news 8-)
vinegarchips

Post by vinegarchips »

Would it be possible to get an ETA on when these updates will be published? Even a vague "soon".
The quality of your work is so high that I'm willing to wait a while to play through WOTC in order to use your mods in my first run, but regardless of that I'm still antsy to start playing.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

vinegarchips wrote:Would it be possible to get an ETA on when these updates will be published? Even a vague "soon".
RIP Pvt. Francis G. Harding o7
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We don't do ETAs or release days for our noncommercial products. We are fundamentally unable to predict when something will be ready to go, because we are working on it right up until the point that I'm satisfied it's good enough for release, and the only delay between the "good enough" call and the release is me getting some sleep, because we don't want to release something at 10 p.m. and there be something broken we can't even start to look at for 8 hours. The weapon pack isn't ready -- there's something wrong with borrowing a vanilla visual element we use in the coilguns, and I haven't gotten it to our internal testers yet.
Badman_bacon777

Post by Badman_bacon777 »

Will it be just like the older mods or will it be updated in terms of balance?
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

johnnylump wrote:We don't do ETAs or release days for our noncommercial products. We are fundamentally unable to predict when something will be ready to go, because we are working on it right up until the point that I'm satisfied it's good enough for release, and the only delay between the "good enough" call and the release is me getting some sleep, because we don't want to release something at 10 p.m. and there be something broken we can't even start to look at for 8 hours. The weapon pack isn't ready -- there's something wrong with borrowing a vanilla visual element we use in the coilguns, and I haven't gotten it to our internal testers yet.
It's because wotc cut a lot of visual effects to speed up loading times.

But there's a mod that fixes that: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1124064427
jrscrub

Post by jrscrub »

Hi JL,

Considering the broader statement regarding LW2 over the past few days, are there continued plans to update the standalone mods for wotc or will this be something the community will needs to action?

Appreciate any response :)