Psi ops not learning ability, what to do?

meiam

Psi ops not learning ability, what to do?

Post by meiam »

Hello

One of my psi ops is not learning an ability, when I go in the psi chamber it just says "training" with no name and when they do finish all I get is "missing 'LocFriendlyName' for ability 'no (and then it's cut off by the box, with a second line that says: "Missing 'LocLongDescription' for ability None'.

The soldier still rank up but doesn't learn anything new (this happen to me before but I didn't actually know if this was just the text being bugged or also the ability being learned, possibly happened to the same soldier). This soldier was made before 1.3 so that's possibly the issue.

Is there any way to use console command to give the soldier the ability? At the same time I think pre 1.3 psi ops have less ability so I'd like to also add in the additional one there missing. Or at least some way to reset there ability learned (possibly rank while keeping the exp) so I can just chain train them.

Thank you
nmkaplan

Re: Psi ops not learning ability, what to do?

Post by nmkaplan »

It's a new bug in 1.3/1.4 involving the fact that Bastion uses the *vanilla* version of Solace (the aura ability) as a prereq and not the new LW2 version (the targeted ability).

There's a mod that fixes it until 1.5 comes out (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =933334693), but it's not clear how well it works at fixing psiops that have already rolled Bastion and already experienced the bug you describe. Other than missing out on 2 skill points (a big deal, I know) the bug shouldn't screw up anything else. Once you learn both versions of Solace, you'll still be able to continue to level your PsiOp and learn the high tier abilities.
meiam

Post by meiam »

Ummm that's kinda too big a deal, I think I'll just make those 2 psi ops advisor.

Psi ops created post 1.3 should be okay right? Or does it trigger when a psi ops tries to learn solace regardless?

I don't suppose there's an easy way to level up up a pis ops with console command? I could just quickly make new one to replace them (anyway to create psi PCS?)
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

You can level up a specific soldier by using the console commands from this mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =693790751

You can also reset a soldier with MakeSoldierAClass "Firstname Lastname" LWS_PsiOperative

You can also add perks to a soldier using SelectSoldierProgressionAbility, which would let you restore any lost skill points. You need the soldier's id number to do it (the command doesn't accept names). I wrote instructions on how to do this here .
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

meiam wrote:Psi ops created post 1.3 should be okay right?
The bug isn't fixed for sure unless you have the mod installed when you started your campaign. It may be fixed after the fact. In your case, I'd install the mod and then fix your existing Psi Ops with console commands.
meiam

Post by meiam »

Antifringe wrote:You can also add perks to a soldier using SelectSoldierProgressionAbility, which would let you restore any lost skill points. You need the soldier's id number to do it (the command doesn't accept names). I wrote instructions on how to do this here .
That actually worked, amazingly! I'm guessing it only fixed things on the surface level and some stuff are still going to be problematic down the line, if I see that none of the ability that have solace has prerequisite show up I might have to manually add them in. But for now this worked just fine, I was able to add solace to both of my problematic psi ops.

Thanks
KhiteValkreth

Post by KhiteValkreth »

I have an issue with my Psi Ops not learning the three starting abilities. I used the MakeASoldierAPsiOp command and he only learned insanity. Not sure what to do here. Since it doent look like I can learn these abilities in the chamber.