Haven management strategy

Share strategy and tips here.
shhfiftyfive

Re: Haven management strategy

Post by shhfiftyfive »

@ Steve-o

you can't exactly "ignore" the missions that pop up.

when a region has about 3 missions laying there in a region unexpired... it prevents new ones from being identified by the haven (this is to prevent clutter on geoscape, but it has this clear downside to this decision). so if you want to find the important missions in a region, you NEED to clear the ones sitting there that are not expired! this means do not let a mission sit there for 10 days if you can infiltrate it in 5 days and get it off the board! so yeah, you do end up doing a lot of boring missions for this reason alone.

also, "get advent's attention" doesn't work like that. the attention is pulled from an adjacent region only. not a far off region.
Phrozehn

Post by Phrozehn »

How exactly does a Gatecrasher mission work? Does it increase vigilance in the region or directly siphon one strength from a neighboring region without increasing vigilance?
trihero

Post by trihero »

If you complete it successfully, vigilance goes up by 4 points in that region.
demonzabrak

Post by demonzabrak »

I made an account specifically to offer my opinion on Basic Research, since it came up and was quickly dismissed as not useful. I personally start with one Basic Research, because it literally gives you one free scientist that you can't assign. The first level of it will always pay for itself in 44 days after completion (not accounting for difficulty research scaling, commander takes 10% longer, legend takes 20%). Sure, during those first 66 days you're "behind" on research, assuming you didn't get any science from RNG, but after that, it's a net positive that cost you nothing but some time at the start when your resources are limited anyway. Engineering Research on the other hand, is pretty worthless overall. And since Basic Research scales in cost by 75% (50% on Rookie), it becomes much less useful after the first one. The second takes 77 days for the phantom scientist to have paid himself off, and then 134 days, and so on. They might go faster because of having extra scientists by then, but still, until the benefit (extra research points) overtakes the cost, it isn't profitable.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

The discussion in this old thread was based on an old meta for an old version. These days, nobody thinks twice about getting 1 Basic Research at the start.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Or 2x
The Preacher
demonzabrak

Post by demonzabrak »

I honestly didn't even think to look at the dates posted, sorry about that. I was originally looking for information about how much of an effectiveness increase you get from higher ranked members in your Havens, and I think I found an accurate answer, with 0 Stars being base, and each additional star being a 50% increase over base. Can someone confirm that for me? I was just glad that there was an apparent question that I could easily answer instead of all that talk about running simulations and whatnot that were going on. Thing has a cost, thing provides a benefit to production in the same category as its cost, thing becomes inherently profitable after cost/increase units of time. Way easier to understand then a bunch of "what-ifs" about it.
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

This is from ini.
5 PER REBEL ON INTEL JOB (7.5 for level 2, 10 for level 3), +20 IF AVENGER SCANNING

5 rebel
7.5 lv2 rebel
10 lv3 rebel

Avenger is 20
The Preacher