Haven Advisors and Grazing Fire Questions

oesis

Haven Advisors and Grazing Fire Questions

Post by oesis »

I was playing LW 2 and had some questions about mechanics.
1. Do haven Advisors give a static bonus to the respective area, or only increase the effectiveness of other recruits. IE does an engineer assigned just grant extra supply even if no supply missions assigned.
2. Are the spy's that steal money from unknown causes tied to a specific haven, or can a soldier assigned to any haven root them out. As well if any soldier will do, does having more soldiers advising increase the chance of finding spies.
3. How does the grazing shot ability work, it says that it rolls a 2nd shot for it to graze, but I've only ever seen it hit. Does grazing shot guarantee a graze on miss, or am I just lucky?
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Haven Advisors and Grazing Fire Questions

Post by mattprice516 »

oesis wrote:I was playing LW 2 and had some questions about mechanics.
1. Do haven Advisors give a static bonus to the respective area, or only increase the effectiveness of other recruits. IE does an engineer assigned just grant extra supply even if no supply missions assigned.
2. Are the spy's that steal money from unknown causes tied to a specific haven, or can a soldier assigned to any haven root them out. As well if any soldier will do, does having more soldiers advising increase the chance of finding spies.
3. How does the grazing shot ability work, it says that it rolls a 2nd shot for it to graze, but I've only ever seen it hit. Does grazing shot guarantee a graze on miss, or am I just lucky?
1. I believe soldiers grant static recruit as well as a recruit multiplier while the other two grant multipliers. This is to allow a soldier to replenish a Haven if all the rebels are wiped out. (I'm about 75% sure about this).

2. Specific haven, both for supply theft and rooting out. Higher rank soldiers and officers get a bonus to their security effectiveness.

3. If the end result of your shot is supposed to be a Miss (after Crit/Dodge/Graze Band), Grazing Fire rolls separately to upgrade that Miss to a Graze with a chance equal to "50% - enemy Dodge".
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

mattprice516 wrote:
oesis wrote:
1. I believe soldiers grant static recruit as well as a recruit multiplier while the other two grant multipliers. This is to allow a soldier to replenish a Haven if all the rebels are wiped out. (I'm about 75% sure about this).

3. If the end result of your shot is supposed to be a Miss (after Crit/Dodge/Graze Band), Grazing Fire rolls separately to upgrade that Miss to a Graze with a chance equal to "50% - enemy Dodge".
According to commander terminal thingy (which has lots of helpful info about the strategy level stuff), that is the way to get recruits after a wipe out.

I believe the info on the grazing fire is listed if you click the little question mark on the ability in the tree (of course that's not always available, i.e. in combat). Still I find I read that with every new ability ;)
oesis

Post by oesis »

I see, thanks for the replies, but I have a follow up for #2.

If Spy's are tied to a specific Haven, doesn't that mean you'd potentially have to assign soldiers to every Haven to until you rooted out them out. Since I Don't think there's any way to tell which Haven the spy is in.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

I think it's safe to assume that a haven with new recruits (or every newly contacted haven for that matter) has one or several spies right from day 1. At least it's my experience. That means that apart from full haven which are no longer recruiting (not even to get rookies!) every haven should have a soldier advisor and never a scientist/engineer.

Maybe this changes after a region is liberated (i'm not there yet) and sci/eng advisors are meant for the late game only (when you can actually spare some of them)
prokolyo

Post by prokolyo »

An additional question on grazing fire if someone knows - how much damage does it do? Meaning how is the damage calculated? Is it half of normal or something? Thanks.