LW isn't running

Troubleshooting instructions here
MrCritterfur

LW isn't running

Post by MrCritterfur »

So I believe I got LW to finally install. But now I can't get it to run. It only loads the Vanilla version in the game.

I'm running it on a Mac, but I bought it through the Apple App Store, not Steam.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out why it's not running?

I've tried reloading it multiple times. And one time it showed an animated screen in the mission preview screen. But after that, nothing.

I really want to play this mod now that I finally got it to install.

Thank you.
MrCritterfur

Re: LW isn't running

Post by MrCritterfur »

I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!!!
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

You might post your steps here so it can help someone in the future.
MrCritterfur

Post by MrCritterfur »

Well, I got it to install, but it still isn't working.

I followed the steps on this post...

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php?titl ... stallation

There's a step where you have to copy the app to the game folder, but the VERY MOSTEST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER is that when you drag the app from the applications folder to the game folder, you will actually only make an alias file in the game folder. You have to hold down the command button when you drag the application, then it will drag the actual application (you'll know you did it right if it asks you for your password to alter the file).

But ultimately it still doesn't recognize LW on my game.

It says LW in the opening screen, and the second wave menu shows the numbers on the options, but it only shows the standard 7 from the vanilla game.

And the opening mission still doesn't show red shirts.

So I think I'll just have to wait for it to go on sale on steam, or beg feral to give me a credit to possibly buy it off steam :(
MrCritterfur

Post by MrCritterfur »

I have a feeling it's something where I'm not deleting the right files, or some files didn't get copied to the right place.

But I have tried every trouble shooting guide I can find.

I've even followed a couple PC ones because I grew up with PCs, so I can kind of translate steps between mac and PC.

But I'm still just not getting it to work.
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Post by szmind »

Hmm - are you using LW for MAC installation pack? It is MAC-ready as far as I know.