Can't finish base defense mission - drone is out of bounds

Troubleshooting instructions here
mgarey2

Can't finish base defense mission - drone is out of bounds

Post by mgarey2 »

Hi all, I'm having a very weird bug. I'm at the end of a pretty tough base defense mission. I've killed all the aliens except for a drone. However, the drone appears to be out of bounds in the middle room (mec bay area?). When I put my soldiers at or near the edge of the map, the drone can shoot me, but I can't see it. My soldiers can hear it, but the sounds and lines indicate that it is out of bounds. Has anyone else had this bug? Is there anything I can do? I'm pretty far in my long war run, and I'd like to be able to continue. And I'd really like to not have to repeat this base defense if at all possible.

Thanks
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Can't finish base defense mission - drone is out of bounds

Post by johnnylump »

That's strange. Usually going out of bounds kills the enemy. First thing is to try a save reload. After that, grab the Long War dev console optional file from the Nexus. Then you should be able to activate the console and use the killallenemies command (I think it is that, or something like it). That should allow the end mission condition to trigger.
mgarey2

Re: Can't finish base defense mission - drone is out of bounds

Post by mgarey2 »

I'd already tried reloading several times, but the long war dev console did the trick! Thanks a bunch.