Long War installed?

Troubleshooting instructions here
UncleMisha

Long War installed?

Post by UncleMisha »

I'm running the Mac App store version of XCOM - Enemy Unknown (Elite Edition) on a MacBook running OS X Yosemite (10.10.5). At first I tried to install The Long War (v LW-EW-OSX-v1-0) but couldn't complete the installation -- kept running into error messages. Eventually I figured out how to tweak the code and seemingly successfully installed the mod. Boot up the game and I get a 'Long War' option on the opening screen. But I've now played through the first month+ on Normal difficulty, and so far it seems remarkably similar to vanilla. No new character classes, same pacing, and opposition on missions seems pretty light -- handfuls of sectoids, a couple of floaters, a few thin men. Definitely no "Ten HP Outsiders with regeneration in the first downed UFO mission". So maybe something didn't go quite right? Thoughts? Assistance?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Long War installed?

Post by johnnylump »

That sounds like a bad install, yes. "Long War" indicates the text changes installed properly, but it sounds like the gameplay changes did not. I'm afraid I don't have any advice though -- Wasteland Ghost did our Mac port and it's not something I have any understanding of. To my knowledge, it works on Steam installs, but I recall people reporting problems with the Mac store version. Best advice I can give is to google it and see if any solutions come up; feel free to post your findings here for others' benefit.
UncleMisha

Post by UncleMisha »

Thanks. I'm learning as I go: any idea if the fact that text changes installed properly but the gameplay didn't means this is a filepath problem? That's most of what I had to change in the opening lines of code in the install script. Let me know if you have any thoughts on the matter. If I ever figure it out I'll post my findings to the forum.
UncleMisha

Post by UncleMisha »

Having actually looked over all the code in the install script, it looks to me like the filepath probably isn't what's at issue. If anyone has any thoughts on what the actual issue might be, they'd be greatly appreciated.