Long War not updating to Art of War

Troubleshooting instructions here
JFBlack

Long War not updating to Art of War

Post by JFBlack »

I want to run XCOM: Art of War on my Linux Mint 18 machine. I have moded XCOM: Enemy Within to XCOM: Longwar successfully. But when I replace the four files in Longwar with the Art of War files:
~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/XCom-Enemy-Unknown/xew/xcomgame/localization/int/xcomgame.int
~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/XCom-Enemy-Unknown/xew/xcomgame/localization/int/xcomstrategygame.int
~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/XCom-Enemy-Unknown/xew/xcomgame/config/defaultgamedata.ini
~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/XCom-Enemy-Unknown/xew/xcomgame/config/defaultgamecore.ini
what I get is XCOM:Longwar. Somehow the game is still using Longwar's files and not the Art of War files. Dose anyone know whats going on?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Long War not updating to Art of War

Post by johnnylump »

The usual mistake is to leave XEW out of the path and incorrectly replace EU files instead of EW files.
JFBlack

Re: Long War not updating to Art of War

Post by JFBlack »

Yep, which is why I built an installer to do the work for me. The paths listed are cut straight from that program. So the files are going to the right place, and I checked to make sure those files were in fact replaced. They were. Some how the game is just not picking up the new files, and appears to some how be working with the old files.