Council mission description missing and can't launch mission

Troubleshooting instructions here
Ivan Rajic

Council mission description missing and can't launch mission

Post by Ivan Rajic »

Hi!

I don't know if the developers are still able to help with any bugs, but I was wondering if there was something to be done about the following.

I got the Van Doorn extraction mission. I had a few fatigued soldiers that I wanted to bring on the mission, so I clicked scan to wait for them to become available in a few hours. However, an hour later, the second Slingshot mission (Confounding Light) came up. The problem is, whichever of the two missions I clicked on, I got taken to the screen for Confounding Light. So, I did that mission, and when I came back, clicked on the Van Doorn extraction mission, I would get to the screen which gives the mission description, but there was no text there. I clicked on Launch Mission, which takes me to the squad selection screen, but there I only see the background, one soldier slot (which I can't select because it's the "size limited" one), and the Back to Briefing and Make Items Available buttons. So, I can't select soldiers, and I can't launch the mission. I remember clicking on the extraction mission before Confounding Light came up, and everything worked fine.

I'm playing Ironman, but when the two missions came up and I could only select Confounding Light, it seemed strange, so I made a back up of my saves. I also have the save from after Confounding Light. No save, unfortunately, from before Confounding Light appeared in the first place. I would attach the saves, but the dialogue box tells me the file has a wrong extension. (I tried changing it something else, but then it told me that the file is too large.) In any case, if it's relevant, I can send the saves in some way.

I did scan further, the Van Doorn mission disappeared, and the next one that appeared - an abduction - worked fine. So, it seems I can continue, but I hope this is something that can be fixed, as I'd really like to not pass up on getting Van Doorn and some extra credits.

I was using three other mods - sightlines, alien sight range indicator, and EXALT reminder - if that's relevant.

Thanks!
Ivan Rajic

Re: Council mission description missing and can't launch mission

Post by Ivan Rajic »

OK, so I "solved" this by letting the Van Doorn mission expire, and then I called it up again through the dev console. It's working fine now. But, if anyone wants to look at the saves, let me know!