Your work on LW2 has guaranteed my cash when the kickstarter comes out.

For updates and discussion of Terra Invicta, a grand-strategy alien invasion simulator
UraniumOverdose

Your work on LW2 has guaranteed my cash when the kickstarter comes out.

Post by UraniumOverdose »

You guys have made an exceptional mod which got me back into XCOM 2 for the long haul. While mods like a better ADVENT were helping, the base game still felt stale after playing through it so often. LW2 feels unique and feels like you really are leading a worldwide resistance movement.

You guys have shown a remarkable ability to be involved with your fans and a willingness to hear balance discussions with an open mind.

I can't wait to see what you guys are cooking up.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Your work on LW2 has guaranteed my cash when the kickstarter comes out.

Post by johnnylump »

Thank you!
jstall

Post by jstall »

My thoughts exactly. You guys have done a fantastic job. Any idea when the kickstarter is going to happen? Is there any way I could financially contribute to the work you are doing? I assume you got paid by firaxis for the work just based on the sheer volume and quantity of the changes. This "mod" is much more of a game changer than offical dlcs. That being said I would still like to help out if I could.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Long War 2 was indeed commissioned by 2K (Firaxis' parent company). We'll likely come with our hands out before too long, although setting an exact date is kind of tough. Best way to stay on top of it is to sign up for our mailing list on the front page of the site.
JackDT

Post by JackDT »

So it probably wouldn't be appropriate while 2k is putting up funds, but if/when that source of funding expires, I know I'd be happy to chip into a monthly Patreon for general Long War work, even if it's only a part time thing at that point.
3tamatulg

Post by 3tamatulg »

Definitely get a patreon going! I've not backed a kickstarter or patreon before but I would for this. For all our gripes about balance with LW2, we've pumped a ton of hours into it.

This is partially why I was so mad about the negative reaction towards Valve's plan to allow paid mods on the Steam Workshop - modders who make mods this good deserve money.
gunnergoz

Post by gunnergoz »

Retired and on a fixed income so can't do much but buy your game when it comes out. Appreciate all you do, paid & unpaid.