If LongWar was continually developed, what things were on the radar?

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
Grunt

If LongWar was continually developed, what things were on the radar?

Post by Grunt »

I always enjoy reading answers to similar questions below from successful mod teams. This is simply an FYI to me. Please, anyone from the LW Team chime in - appreciate your time and responses to any/all questions.

What were BIG and small things the team still wanted to add or change or tweak with this mod assuming continued fulltime development beyond v1.0?
What were some of the most "cool" or "neat" ideas on your wishlist that never got past the "design sessions/discussions"?
Name the top (ten?) modded features you are most happy/proud/surprised included in LW 1.0?
What was the most surprising things you learned from players feedback or use from your mod's features?

Thank you and thanks a bunch for the finished mod.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: If LongWar was continually developed, what things were on the radar?

Post by johnnylump »

There wasn't a ton left on the drawing board; we didn't really plan features until we had made the technical breakthroughs necessary for them to happen. Certainly figuring out the art side would have been nice, but hard to say whether it was possible.

What I really wanted was a mini-sectopod -- we nicknamed it the mortarpod -- that only had its indirect fire attack, and it's job was to blam overwatch walls. But no matter what I did I couldn't turn off its central wave-motion gun entirely.