UFO damage indicator

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
VanDoorn

UFO damage indicator

Post by VanDoorn »

I have found the Interception UFO damage display mod by XMarksTheSpot hosted on Nexusmods. It says that this "mod has already been integrated into the Long War mod since version Beta 15". However I see no UFO damage indicator when I play Long War? ?

Is it still included in the game and I need to research something for example before I can see ufo damage. Or was it removed in later versions of Long War?
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Re: UFO damage indicator

Post by szmind »

You have to assault an UFO, then do the research on the UFO type and then you will get the indicator when fighting an UFO of the researched type. So with every type of UFO - you first have to shoot down one or wait till it lands, before you can do the proper research. However - assault on the battleship from Slingshot does not count :)
Schweineschnute

Re: UFO damage indicator

Post by Schweineschnute »

VanDoorn wrote:I have found the Interception UFO damage display mod by XMarksTheSpot hosted on Nexusmods. It says that this "mod has already been integrated into the Long War mod since version Beta 15". However I see no UFO damage indicator when I play Long War? ?

Is it still included in the game and I need to research something for example before I can see ufo damage. Or was it removed in later versions of Long War?
General! *salutes*

As szmind said, it's a foundry project available with the "Advanced Aerospace Concepts" research. What's interesting to note is that sometimes after the research you will se the damage indicator doesn't show anything after you pepper an UFO with attacks. Some UFOs like Adbuctors you simply can't damage unless you have advanced weaponry (Gauss and up)