Uber Ethereal

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
soxford

Uber Ethereal

Post by soxford »

I'm trying to plan for my assault on the temple ship, so of course thinking about the final fight (I'm on normal difficulty, for what it matters):
1. Is the Uber Ethereal immune to acid grenades?
2. Can Absorption Fields be mitigated using heat ammo, AP ammo, gauss weapons, etc? or does it count as some special form of DR not susceptible to being reduced?
3. Will a Shadow Device be helpful against the Uber Ethereal or will he just Rift my entire team while they're clustered up to be invisible?
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Re: Uber Ethereal

Post by Tanalbi »

All i can answer to help is 1, whose answer is... yes.

He is not only inmune to acid, but also regenerates health over turns and has also a big chance of activating his telekinetic field and bounce back the damage, even if you miss the shot. And also... he has a big armor.
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"
martofski

Re: Uber Ethereal

Post by martofski »

I believe the AI needs actual targets for AOE attacks. That is why Mutons always blow up a single soldier with grenades. But then again, this might only apply to explosives and not all AOEs.

I also believe I've seen Beaglerush boxing the Uber with fully invisible squad (and not being punished for that in any way) but I can't seem to find the video right now.