Game crashes on start

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
nikola1010

Game crashes on start

Post by nikola1010 »

Hello. I have a problem with this mod. I did everything as instructed and when I start the game, it doesn't start (it stays on desktop) and just a window pops up and says XCOM EU has stopped working, and it closes after a few secounds. I'm using Enhanced Edition (it has both EU and EW).
I did everything I saw in the troubleshooting and nothing helped, I even re-installed the game, and again nothing.

Does anybody know what could be the problem?
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Re: Game crashes on start

Post by Tanalbi »

Did you had only one crash? Because if it CTDs first time, it means that it's assimilating to the game, and further starts should work fine.
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"
nikola1010

Post by nikola1010 »

It crashed every time I started and after every adjustment I made in accordance with troubleshooting advices. Game doesn't really start, as soon as I select to play it (I can choose between enemy unkown and enemy within), it just stops, the little window pops up and says that XCOM EW.exe has stopped working (something similar).
mapefh13

Post by mapefh13 »

It could be your antivirus. I had a similar issue where it to permanently add the XCOM folder to Avast's Active Protection exceptions list. If you don't have Avast, consider checking the troubleshooting forum page on nexusmods.com.