Any way to figure out which enemies have grenades?

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
salilsurendran

Any way to figure out which enemies have grenades?

Post by salilsurendran »

Hello,
Is there a way to figure out in long war mod as to which enemies have grenades in xcom long war mod. For eg. when you go on covert missions you can clearly see exalt members having a rocket launcher with them. Similarly are there any visual clues as to an enemy carrying a grenade? It is such an important part of my strategy to kill enemies who have explosives first since they can destroy cover thereby leaving you exposed.
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Re: Any way to figure out which enemies have grenades?

Post by szmind »

Alien grenadiers are: Mutons, Heavy Floaters, Cyberdisks. Regular floaters get grenades after a certain alien research threshold. That's all.

Also: grenades are attached to pawn's belt - visually (you will need to zoom probably to notice them). At least for soldiers and Exalt. Never looked at aliens (e.g. I think there is no belt on floater :D )
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Post by Tanalbi »

szmind wrote:Alien grenadiers are: Mutons, Heavy Floaters, Cyberdisks. Regular floaters get grenades after a certain alien research threshold. That's all.

Also: grenades are attached to pawn's belt - visually (you will need to zoom probably to notice them). At least for soldiers and Exalt. Never looked at aliens (e.g. I think there is no belt on floater :D )

That couldn't be better said so myself, fella
salilsurendran wrote:Hello,
Is there a way to figure out in long war mod as to which enemies have grenades in xcom long war mod. For eg. when you go on covert missions you can clearly see exalt members having a rocket launcher with them. Similarly are there any visual clues as to an enemy carrying a grenade? It is such an important part of my strategy to kill enemies who have explosives first since they can destroy cover thereby leaving you exposed.
Also, pro tip: If you see ANY of these mentioned aliens (Or EXALT Elite soldiers) and you're in their attack range, whatever you do... DON'T get your soldiers together, or else the AI will go straightforward and grenade them. Same with rocket launchers xD
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"
poseidon595

Post by poseidon595 »

Also, suppressing an enemy with grenades, or any explosives really, will prevent them from using said abilities. Technically, they can still use them, but their range is drastically reduced. I've never seen it happen.

More often than not, they will attempt to open fire on or suppress whoever is suppressing them instead.