Rebalance: Is this fairly acceptable as Long War?

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Rebalance: Is this fairly acceptable as Long War?

Post by Tanalbi »

Hi! This is my 111th playthrough (Aproximatedly, didn't kept track too much of my playthrough after i finished translating it officially) of this awesome and addictive mod, and i must say that my win ratio of it so far... was one. But on when it was back in a beta, 14, 14b-ish, so i cannot say i officially finished since it was in the beta state.

And by one, i really mean it. One. No mods, no anything; soldiers are fricking pussies that even a large group of three or four panic even after one of them gets successfully mindfrayed (And yes, that soldier panics too, gotta add), the hit ratio is a fucking violently low percentage, your soldiers' movement is limited, your first $600 gets spent in a few seconds, Sectoids own you, Drones kick your ass, no cheats, no dev console, STRAIGHT TO MY ASS! It's official XCOM: Long War in Normal, and IT'S FREAKING HARD!

And now, that i do really wanna finish it after having the official 1.0 version and finishing my duty to bring it to Latin America and some countries of Europe, i decidd to give me some... incentive. And by incentive i mean THIS:

Things i edited in DefaultGameCore.ini:

-Soldier stats, you can see how much in the screenshot.
-Soldier cost, from 25 to 10.
-Arc Thrower back to vainilla.

And the rest... is left like it was.

But my doubt is, and i know it is Rebalanced: Is it fairly acceptable for Long War, or you're just gonna mock me and put everything back to it's deault state (Oh god please not again, i already finished it once that way)?

I expect smart answers and not insults, please.
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Re: Rebalance: Is this fairly acceptable as Long War?

Post by szmind »

Well, it is definitely 'unbalance' rather than 'rebalance' :) However if you fail each one retry of LW on Normal there is sth or a lot wrong with your tactics/strategy rather than with soldier stats. You are bumping aim (probably to hit more often) and defense (probably to get hit less often). But why then the increased HP is for - you will not get hit often! And HP will hit ceiling of 12 at first level up - loss of fun with soldier's progress. Same with aim for most classes.
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Re: Rebalance: Is this fairly acceptable as Long War?

Post by Tanalbi »

szmind wrote:Well, it is definitely 'unbalance' rather than 'rebalance' :) However if you fail each one retry of LW on Normal there is sth or a lot wrong with your tactics/strategy rather than with soldier stats. You are bumping aim (probably to hit more often) and defense (probably to get hit less often). But why then the increased HP is for - you will not get hit often! And HP will hit ceiling of 12 at first level up - loss of fun with soldier's progress. Same with aim for most classes.
You may be surprised that in between all those 111 playthroughs, i just got ONLY ONE right and not more than that, since i just kept doing mistakes, even after that victory. Specially when i have free money. I spend it in seconds each time i get a bigger sum!
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"