Change Field Surgeon Values

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
Nicolas

Change Field Surgeon Values

Post by Nicolas »

Is there a way to change the field surgeon perk so that it heals 3 points instead of 1?
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Re: Change Field Surgeon Values

Post by szmind »

Nicolas wrote:Is there a way to change the field surgeon perk so that it heals 3 points instead of 1?
Field Surgeon does not increase HP healed. It reduces fatigue time. I think you would like it work as if 'lowest soldier's HP was 3 points more' instead of '1 point more'. That is not doable without hex editing I believe.
Razmoudah

Re: Change Field Surgeon Values

Post by Razmoudah »

If you're talking modifying a single soldier's HP then most likely, as that'd require modifying the game save itself (doable, but more of a pain than I care to mess with). If you're talking more generically along the lines of all new soldiers having 3 more HP you can much more easily modify the DefaultGameCore.ini file instead under the section 'Soldier Values'. Just open it up in Notepad and you'll be okay, just make a backup of the file somewhere else first in case you break something vital and can't figure out what you broke. I'm not sure where it keeps track of the various perks and their affects, it's probably DefaultContent.ini, DefaultGameCore.ini, or DefaultGameData.ini, but there are a lot of other possible files in that Config folder and I haven't felt like hunting for it. Despite the file extensions the majority of the files are using standard ASCII values, so any basic text editor can modify them rather easily as if they were simple .txt files instead.