Sectopod and ethereal deployment

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
soxford

Sectopod and ethereal deployment

Post by soxford »

I'm halfway through February of year 2 and have yet to see a Sectopod or an Ethereal. I'm playing the final release version (started with Beta 15f3 I think), on Normal difficulty, Dynamic War is OFF. Just wondering if something is broken or if maybe the wiki is outdated, because the page below tells me I should have seen both by now. In a sense, I don't mind not seeing them... it's certainly making my campaign easier... but I don't want it to be too easy.

http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Al ... (Long_War)
szmind
Long War EU Crew

Re: Sectopod and ethereal deployment

Post by szmind »

Expect them within a month. They do appear quite late, indeed. I am still on my first (Normal) playthrough and also haven't seen them during first year. And beware Ethereals - they have no cooldown on Psi-Lance - wiki sais nothing about it.
codorra

Post by codorra »

I have just encountered a Sectopod.
My sniper made a shortwork of it (first lobbing a chem-grenade, then a shredder rocket with HEAT Warheads perk and sniper finished it).
Im in November, in first year.

I made a couple of mistakes in the Sept/Oct, before that, I could control the aliens.
With America under my control (Mexico has to be convinced of joining the council again) I slowly pushing them back.
"Little by little we are thining this swarm".

Etherals not encountered yet, maybe next month.
soxford

Post by soxford »

I ended up seeing both while still in Feb year 2