Transition to XCOM2

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
weizhen77

Transition to XCOM2

Post by weizhen77 »

Long War maybe can also serve as a transition platform for XCOM1 to XCOM2.

Technical transition:
Final save game from XCOM1 (after defeating Temple ship) is loadable in XCOM2 new game, i.e. Random or selectable surviving veterans from XCOM1 will be transferred to XCOM2 new game.

Storyline transition:
Blowing up the temple ship is just winning one of the bigger battles. It marks the beginning of world war(with aliens): wars of two worlds. And Earth/XCOM lost the war (XCOM2's story).
emikochan

Re: Transition to XCOM2

Post by emikochan »

Xcom2 starts from the ending 90% of players on impossible difficulty got (the canon difficulty) which was defeat in the first month.

There are no veterans to transfer, we didn't even get lasers.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

A mod can be made for Xcom 2 that transitions after the battle at the Temple ship into a parallel reality, bringing only your team at the end of the mission with you. It would be a lot of work for nothing though, you can recreate your soldiers in the Character library, even if you have not loaded a save game, and make other character as well - engineers, scientists and enemy civilians, that can serve as targets.

In any case, XCOM2 i structured more like a board game and there will be a ticking timer (Avatar project) against which you have to race, so a Long War type of play probably would not fit at all.
Wargate

Post by Wargate »

It would be interesting to see a mod that plays on your EU2012 playthorugh...but echoing what @emikochan is saying, I may play a new game on impossible and just be terrible so I have my own segway into the new title. It's hard to willingly lose that game...but I lost my fair share of soldiers in the 90s..why should today be any different?

I can also understand why nothing was carried over...we lost, base destroyed. All our base are belong to them.