How can I to change an armor color?

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
Catarsys

How can I to change an armor color?

Post by Catarsys »

I played LW a lot time ago (something about year). Then it was easy to change default armor color wich was automatically selected when I choose the soldier class. It was in game FAQ:

"Q: How do I set default colors for my soldiers?
A: Look for the file DefaultGameCore.ini, which is in C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/XCom-Enemy-Unknown/XEW/XComGame/Config in a standard Steam installation. Open it in a text editor like Notepad. About 40 percent of the way down you'll see a comment Initial soldier appearance. The next several lines set various default appearance numbers for various classes. EDIT THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. The range of allowed colors and styles are in a separate text file, Long_War_EW_Armor_Kit_Codes.txt."

Now, when you're release the 1.0 version, I just can't find this "option". I tried to search all congig files with the keywords "color", "initial", and even "18" (default color of infantry) and "31" (default color of scout or sniper - whatever), but I found nothing.

So that is the question: Where is that configuration places for now?

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm from Russia :)
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: How can I to change an armor color?

Post by johnnylump »

It is still there. Make sure you are looking in the correct place -- with the XEW in your path in particular (a lot of people miss that).
Catarsys

Post by Catarsys »

Sorry, I'm an idiot :cry:

It is 2 folders in steamapps on my computer:
"XCom-Enemy-Unknown" and "XCom Enemy Unknown"
I have no idea how they was created but the game folder is exactly XCom-Enemy-Unknown and I tried to configure *.cfg files in XCom Enemy Unknown. It's funny that I checked that I'm in XEW directory, but missed the upper one.
Anyway thanx for fast answere and MUCH MORE GREATFULL THANX for that mod. Mods for XCOM2 are good too, but that mod really awesome.
Catarsys

Post by Catarsys »

I have another question:)

Where can I change the colors of the soldier classes in a select-list? And can I do this without touching *.pak files?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I believe we had to hard-code those in the upk, sorry.
Catarsys

Post by Catarsys »

Ow, it's ok. I just did want to associate colors in list with armor color, but in my mind yellow shirt isn't great idea for sniper, as well as orange for stealther-rogue-scout.
Anyway it's a kind of nit-picking. I will be used to it. Thanx

OW BTW. Does the game understand some kind of color tags in localisation files? It's last groaning of my hope))))